"Helpless" - Filler Chapter

Eliza sighed, staring out of the window of the car dreamily, eyes glazed over. Her and Alexander weren't speaking much on the way back home. They were both too in awe of what had just happened between them.

Still, their fingers were interlocked between the car seats; Alexander driving with one hand.

Eliza suddenly had an idea cross her clouded mind, and she reached into her pocket to find her phone. She opened Peggy's contact, deciding that she'd text her.

btw
i confessed first though he wanted to, and yes, we did kiss. go lose or win any bets you made
12:34am

Eliza chuckled at her phone as Peggy read it almost instantly, the three dots waving up at her as she began to reply.

WHAT
omg what was it like
also u made me lose a bet smh
12:35am

amazing. and that's what you get for betting on someone's personal relationship!
12:36am

u better tell me the details when u get home
12:36am

eww peggy
12:37am

Eliza turned her phone to sleep and glanced at Alexander beside her.

"Hey," She murmured.

"Hi." He chuckled, giving her a swift look of admiration before returning to the road. They were re-entering the city.

"I just wanted to say thank you. I've had a wonderful night. I couldn't have asked for more." Eliza sighed, squeezing his hand that locked so easily into her own, turning back to the window.

"Thank you for being here." He let go of her hand to brush his fingers loosely over her cheek, barely looking at her, before returning his hands onto the wheel.

Eliza felt a smile raise her lips, and she curled up on the seat, fidgeting with her fingers. One hand warm from where Alexander had held it, one hand cold from the chill of the December air.

...And now all I have to do is figure out how to tell Angelica.

A/N; hey guys, i thought considering i couldn't update this friday, id make a short filler! im going to the doctors tomorrow so hopefully they can help me feel better again. even this short one, at 350ish words, took a lot out of me, and i hope to getting back to 6k averages soon!! ily all and please remember to look after yourselves.