"Handsome, boy, does he know it" - Chapter 4

i just want to see you again. it's been a while.
9:02pm

Eliza rolled onto her stomach, phone in her grasp, avidly staring at the three dots whilst they jumped up and down, awaiting the response.

I know that. It's just hard to find time these days. I'll do my best to make room, okay? How about I come over to yours?
9:03pm

tonight
don't be late, alexander
or i swear to god i will cry
9:03pm

Eliza giggled at her own text, flipping onto her side, unable to stop the grin from rising her cheeks and spreading ear-to-ear.

Alright, alright. How does eleven sound? I'll have to get home by one, at least, though.
9:04pm

She let out a small squeal of excitement.

sounds good, see u then!:)
9:04pm

See you then. Don't worry about dressing in any fancy clothes. Whatever you think is comfortable will look good on you.
9:05pm

Eliza re-read the text multiple times, before typing a quick 'okay' and placing her phone down. She stared at the ceiling for a good few seconds, slowly turning on her back, blinking before curling up into a ball with her hands over her blushing face. She was broken out of this, however, when there was a knock at her door. Taking a breath to calm herself, she sat up straight and cleared her face. "Come in," She spoke.

Angelica opened the door, holding up a clear plastic pot with a cake inside for her to see. Eliza, who was put in a good mood, gasped and smiled wider. "Ooh, is that for me, or to share?"

"Share. Come out here." Angelica beckoned her, before exiting the doorway. Angelica had arrived about a week ago, and seemed in a better mood since they'd made more money off of her trip. Plus, she was proud of Peggy for not causing a fuss. However, since the party, Eliza had been texting Alexander non-stop. Her feelings for him stopped becoming aesthetic attraction, and seemed to delve into genuine romantic attraction toward him. She was seriously falling head-over-heels for this man. And that meant she usually spent all of her free time on her phone, rather than with her sisters.

She sat at the counter with the other two, phone on her lap and scrolling through photos Alexander had sent to her and she'd screenshotted, whilst Angelica served pieces of the cake. There was a silence from both of them that made Eliza look up, noticing they were staring at her, before Peggy reached forward suddenly and snatched her phone. She gave it to Angelica quickly, who was on the other side of the counter, and Eliza didn't have time to react. "Hey!" She protested, brows knitting downwards in defiance.

"You haven't spent time with us in a week, Eliza. I've barely seen you since I've come home. What's so special about your phone?" Angelica crossed her arms, raising her brows in turn and tapping a finger on her arm impatiently.

"I-It's nothing, I just.." Eliza gulped. "I just found some friends, is all."

Peggy stared at her, but stayed silent. Angelica, meanwhile, looked skeptical but let out a low sigh of defeat. "..I just want you to spend time with us, Eliza."

Eliza nodded. "Okay. I will. You'll be able to meet one tonight, actually, um, he's coming over at eleven." She said hurriedly.

"Woah, slow down, 'he'? And he's coming over tonight? Eliza, wait-"

But Eliza had already run back to her room, stealing her phone from Ange's hands as she did so. She slammed the door behind her and leaned against it, breathing heavily. She let her back slide down against the wood, landing with a thump on the dark carpet, opening the home-screen to see a new notification from Alexander.