chapter five.

Paris

Paris

  THE NEXT FEW DAYS, CAT AND KAI DECIDED THEY NEEDED time apart so, they each explored different parts of the city. The two of them agreed to meet at the hotel room they picked out for dinner a week after they split up so they could go back to Mystic Falls the next morning. Cat enjoyed some alone time because she got to observe all the beautiful art and architecture around her.

She assumed Kai would be looking for some Grimoires but, decided not to dwell on him too much.

She decided to go back a little earlier than expected and when she got back, Kai was already there cooking. She expected him to come late for some reason so, she was pleasantly surprised when she seen him. She was always alone, even in the real world so in a way, it was nice that she knew she had someone to come back to.

"Miss me?" she dropped her bag onto the ground by the door and smiled slightly.

He set his spatula down and turned around slowly like he wasn't expecting her to be there which worried the Santos girl slightly.

"Kai?" she raised a brow. "I'm starting to get a little worried here."

"I'm going to do something and then we are never going to talk about this, okay?" The Parker man rubbed his temples and frowned slightly.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Cat asked, she was extremely confused at the moment and wasn't exactly sure how to feel.

"I don't know, never mind." he shook his head and turned back to the stove where he was cooking pasta. It seemed like one of the only things he ever cooked honestly but, the vampire tended not to complain because she ate real food purely for fun.

"Okay.." Catalina shrugged and walked further into the house.

"How was your week?" Kai asked curiously, he didn't want to admit that his week was terrible.

He hated being by himself again so he went back to the hotel after 4 hours, hoping she would have felt the same.

"It was fine." Catalina shrugged her shoulders and sat on top of the counter. "I missed your annoying and snarky little comments though."

"Yeah?" Kai chucked slightly, stirring the pasta water unnecessarily.

"Yeah." Cat swung her legs back and forth. "How was your week?"

"It was nice to get rid of you for awhile." The Parker man lied, he wasn't going to actually admit he was afraid of being alone. It would give her too much power to know something like that.

"Wow." Catalina sighed, shaking her head loghtly as she jumped off the counter. "Let me know when dinner is done...i'm going to go take a nap."

She wasn't going to let him get another word in after that.