chapter twelve.

Better than feeling lonely

Two Years Ago...

All that Catalina Santos ever wanted was someone to love her, someone that would do anything for her. Growing up without someone caring about her was extremely hard, even harder than most would think. The only thing she had was being a vampire and she hoped that one day that would mean more than just a title.

"So, if I go into the sun without this super ugly and tacky ring, i'm  going to burn?" the Santos woman questioned.

"Yup, pretty much." the man that had turned her nodded his head, his name was Stefan and he was traveling with Klaus, Cat didn't exactly know why.

"Where's the British guy?" Catalina asked as she approached the window.

"Out." The Salvatore replied, not really wanting to be bothered with explaining a million more questions, he had other things on his mind.

"Someone's a little grumpy." Cat said mockingly as she removed her ring slowly off her finger.

"I'm not grumpy, I just don't want to be here." Stefan shrugged his shoulders, his eyes pointing to the ceiling.

"So, what would you rather be doing?" the Santos girl slowly extended her hand, putting it in front of the area where the sun was shining through the window.

She liked how it felt oddly enough, it made her feel more alive than she had ever been.

"I'm hungry." The Salvatore man snatched her hand away from the window and slid her daylight ring back on her finger.

"So, why don't you go eat someone?" Cat questioned, more for herself because she was also hungry, all while the other vampire was growing increasingly annoyed by all her pestering.

"Klaus compelled me not to leave, just like he compelled you to do whatever is best for him, and what's best for him is staying put." Stefan sighed angrily, frustrated with the situation.

"Fine." Catalina pulled her hair back and left her neck exposed to the vampire. "Have at it."

"What?" the Salvatore man furrowed his brows, looking back and forth between her face and neck.

"I said have at it, are you deaf?" The Santos woman questioned. She was extremely bored at that moment and she thought Stefan was attractive enough to do just about anything to her, so this was an easy offer.