chapter fourteen.

Heathens

Heathens

  CATALINA LET IN A DEEP BREATHE AS SHE WALKED through the aisles of the store with Damon and Bonnie. This was it, tonight was the night. Her acting skills needed to be on par but she was worried. How was she supposed to hide the way she felt about Kai?

She was sitting inside the car as Bonnie and Damon pushed like they were her parents. She didn't really mind though, less work for her and more entertainment because they kept shoving each other back and forth arguing. Something she had sort of come to love.

"You guys are being so childish, can you calm down for a second?" Cat asked, they were interrupting her thoughts and it was kinda pissing her off.

"We're being childish? You are saying that to the person who is pushing you around in a cart." Damon replied, rolling his eyes.

"Okay, whatever. Kill the messenger then I guess." Catalina shrugged her shoulders slightly and looked away from the two people in front of her.

"We need strawberries, eggs, milk, and oh! Candles!" Bonnie listed off, trying to change the subject as she placed a candle in the cart.

"Candles? For magic?" The Santos woman was kind of hoping her magic just... magically started working because if it did, she still wasn't aware of it.

"I'm still trying." The Bennett girl frowned slightly, Cat reaching forward before placing a comforting hand on her arm.

"You'll get there." Catalina smiled sweetly at the girl and she genuinely meant it, for what it was worth, she liked Bonnie. She just liked herself a little more.

"I know it's been a while, but you couldn't do magic as an anchor. So, i'm curious what momentary lapse of reason makes you think you can do it now?" Damon asked.

"Okay, that is not helping." Cat said, defending the Bennett witch.

"It's fine, Cat. I just have to break it down the Damon way." Bonnie turned to him. "When this all started, you sucked at making pancakes, now they're somewhat edible."

"You did suck." Catalina nodded her head, agreeing with the statement.

Damon basically ignored it and got some milk while Bonnie went to get something else farther away, again like Cat was their kid and she could protect all the food in their cart.

"There's no reason to be peter pessimist, we have proof we are not alone." Bonnie said as Damon handed the Santos girl a gallon of milk and started pushing the cart.

"First of all, don't nickname, that's my thing." Damon snatched a pair of sunglasses from Bonnie and the Bennett girl put another pair onto Cat. "and this proof, this mysteriously filled in crossword could have very easily been you."

"I didn't fill it in." Bonnie said, annoyed by the Salvatore mans denial.

"Didn't Cat say she filled it in while she was sleep walking? A load of difference that makes, not." Damon shook his head and continued to push the cart.