chapter three.

Attention

Attention

CAT AND KAI DECIDED IT ONLY MADE SENSE TO EXPLORE the mansion they had come across to see if they could find anything else that might be useful to them. Catalina was assigned the downstairs area, while Kai was tasked with the upstairs. Luckily, the vampire found an enormous stash of blood in a freezer.

Making her wonder who in the hell lived in this place.

She savagely ripped into the blood bag with her teeth, closing her eyes tightly. Her supply had been extremely limited since arriving and with this huge collection of several types of blood, she felt much better. Within seconds, the entire thing was gone, and the woman threw it towards the ground.

"I'll clean that later." She mumbled to herself lightly, swiping her finger underneath her bottom lip as she raised a brow. "What else is in this little fun house?"

Catalina made her way down a long hallway, furrowing her brows as she came across a caged room. She pulled lightly on the bars, and with her full strength, the woman knew she could break them. However, at half power? Not so much.

She had to make sure psycho Kai never found this place, can't have him locking her up.

"CATALINA!" Her thoughts were interrupted by the witch screeching her name, a twinge of fear? Radiating from his voice.

Without giving it another moment, Cat sped towards the scream and made it upstairs in the matter of seconds. She let out a sigh of relief as she caught sight of the brunette perfectly fine in one of the rooms, relaxing comfortably on the bed. Then, his smug smile made her roll her eyes.

"You, asshole." She spoke, placing her hand on her chest.

"What? Worried about me?" Malachai grinned, twirling his piece of gum around his finger.

"No, of course not. I thought something got in the house like a bear, or raccoon, or something." Cat's lips formed into a pout as she folded her arms across her chest.

"You seriously think I couldn't fight off a raccoon?" Kai took the gum from his mouth and placed it on the bedside table, hopping up from the bed.

"I don't know Malachai." Catalina wore just as a mischievous grin as his own. "Can you fight of a raccoon?"

"Of course I can fight off a raccoon, anyone can." The look in his eyes said something completely different but, the vampire held a smile as she shook her head slightly.

Living alone with someone really lets you get to know them well.

"You mean, with my help? Because, i'm not sure you can do it without my help." The woman teased.

"Yeah, okay. Anyways, can we please get to the real reason that I called you up here?" The witch questioned, almost pouting.

"Hurry up then, Parker. I was bus—" Catalina paused as Kai made his way closer, their proximity probably the closest they had ever been. "What are you doing?"