chapter sixteen.

You love you

You love you

CATALINA HATED HOW BADLY SHE ALWAYS LET Kai get under her skin. The whole afternoon had been filled with him flirting with Bonnie as she bit the inside of her lip harder and harder to keep from screaming. It was a game to him, she knew that but, what she knew even more was that she hated losing.

"It doesn't feel right." Bonnie said with a sigh, blood dripping down her nose. "Maybe I need a bigger map."

"Maybe, you're just out of practice and you suck at magic now." Damon spoke bitterly, pouring himself a drink.

"Being out of practice doesn't mean you're bad at it, Bonnie." The Santos woman defended.

"Ignore them, Bonnie. Pretend they are a white noise machine. That's how I used to tune out my siblings. I grew up with a ton of little sisters and brothers. You know, all of them constantly yammering." Kai moved closer to Bonnie, extremely close, Cat and Damon both watching in disgust. "But it uh, taught me how to focus."

"Easy there, big brother. She doesn't even know you, buy her a drink first." The Salvatore man commented, a glare on his face.

"He's not classy enough." Catalina stepped closer to the blue eyed vampire, his arm going around her as she sent the Parker boy a sly smirk.

Kai looked at her angrily before turning back to the map and helping Bonnie along with her spell. It took awhile but, the blood finally started moving. Somewhere that the two newcomers in the prison world weren't expecting.

"The blood's moving towards Virginia, can't be right." Kai commented, pointing a lazy finger at the map.

"Anything is possible, am I right?" Catalina laughed to herself, staring at the blood slowly moving across the paper.

"Spells working, it's showing me Mystic Falls. Feels so..." Bonnie stopped herself immediately, looking towards the Parker boy. "Close."

The witch started to press her hand against his chest, making the female vampire in the room turn away.

"It's right here." She said, resting her hand upon the device they needed. The siphoner did that on purpose, Cat knew he did.

"Very good." Kai spoke as he took it out of his jacket, an impressed look on his face.

"That's the ascendant?" Bonnie questioned with wide eyes.

"A puzzle piece is going to take us back to the real world, nice." Catalina rolled her eyes slightly and huffed. She didn't say home because, she never had a home really.