Chapter 9

"Please, can we just hang out." Niall pleaded, grabbing hold of my hand. 

"No, Niall, I told you, I have to work." 

"Please." He whined, for what felt like the billionth time. 

"I can’t just not go to work, for you." I laughed, pushing his lips off of my neck. "Come with me, if you really want. It’s a library, anyone’s welcome. You just can’t be too loud, or they’ll kick you out." I winked, kissing his lips quickly. 

"You mean you’ll kick me out?” 

"Yes." I nodded. "Seeming as I’m the only one there today." The library was small, anyways, so it wasn’t that big of a deal. "You just have to behave." 

"Alright, I will." He smiled, reassuringly. I could already picture him sitting in a chair, watching me, complaining after five minutes about how bored he was. 

"Good." I pressed my lips against his, and quickly ran my fingers through his hair. "Do you mind giving me a ride, then?" 

"No problem." 

It had been 2 weeks since Niall and I had started dating, without too many arguments, or him losing his temper. It was nice, because I think he was finally learning to control himself-or at least that’s how I saw it-and not be so aggressive. I still hadn’t slept over at his house, in fear that he might try to take things too far, but I spent a lot of time with him, and I was actually starting to enjoy it. A lot, actually. 

We arrived at the library, that I dreaded pulling up to every time, and Niall opened my door for me, holding my hand as I got out. I grabbed my bag from the front, where my feet were, and slammed the door shut, leading Niall inside. I smiled at Sarah, who was packing up her bag behind the counter, and noticed she gave Niall a glare. Most of the girls at the library that worked there, really didn’t like Niall. Mostly, because he was extremely disruptive every time I brought him in, and they had to tell him to shut up, because I wouldn’t. “Good afternoon.” I waved at her, with my free hand. 

"Good afternoon, Cara." She waved back, picking up her stuff, and slinging her strap over her shoulder. "I arranged all of the books that were for you to put away, so you don’t have much to do. Just keep an eye out, I guess, and help people." She shrugged. 

"Thank you so much!" I replied, smiling. I could feel Niall’s lips close to my ear, his breath warming my neck. 

"Does that mean I get you to myself?" He mumbled lowly, in my ear. 

"No." I blushed, pushing him off. "It means I don’t have to do as much work. But you still need to sit quietly in a chair. Maybe you should try reading a book or something." 

"Oh." Niall laughed, showing off his perfect teeth. "No, I don’t read." 

"Why not?" I asked, setting my bag down, behind the counter, and grabbing my book. "It’s good for you." 

"Yeah." He shrugged, blushing. "I uh-"

“Can you read?” I giggled at the thought of someone not knowing how to read, who was twenty. 

"Of fucking course I can read, I’m not st-" 

"Language." I warned him. "No swearing in the library, baby." 

"Sorry." 

"I don’t know, Niall." I walked around the counter, and sat on the couch, next to him. "You seemed pretty interested in that History Of Beadwork, that one time." I teasingly nudged him. 

"Hey." He warned, wrapping his arm around me. "Be careful what you say." His lips pressed against mine for a few seconds, until I pulled away. 

"Be careful what you do, we’re in a library."