Chapter 2

"Cara!" Erica came running into my room, out of breath as she probably ran all the way from the party. "What are you doing?" 

"I’m getting dressed into my pyjamas." I looked at her, as I pulled my sleeping pants over my long legs, and threw my long, brown hair up into a bun.

"What? Why?" She asked, looking down at my dress that I had taken off. "What happened? I thought you were with Niall?" 

"I was." I raised my eyebrows. "He was the problem.” 

"Why?" Her eyes got large in shock. "He’s perfect." 

"Maybe for you." I leaned over, picking my dress off of the floor, and throwing it into the laundry hamper. Of all of the things we could talk about, Niall was my least favourite subject. 

"What happened?" 

"He’s a jerk, who doesn’t know how to treat girls. That’s what." 

"Oh, he definitely knows how to treat girls.” Her eyebrows raised, as she looked out the window, almost as if she were in a daydream. 

"He tried to finger me." I glanced over at her, and scoffed. "That’s not a way to treat girls.” 

"Oh, c’mon, Cara." Erica placed her hand on her hip. "What is wrong with you?" 

"Nothing’s wrong with me." I sighed, sitting down on my bed.

"You can’t just hide away from boys forever. You’re 19." 

"But I’m not willing to let some random guy I just met, finger me." 

"And why the hell not?" 

"Because I’m not a slut!" I yelled, standing up, realizing I was now yelling in her face. "I’m not going to just let whoever wants to, touch me, and use me, and I refuse to sleep with every guy I meet. I’m not like you, I actually care about myself, and have more respect for myself, then you do!" I noticed a sudden hurt in her eyes, as she bit her lip. Her body started to turn away from me, and not long after, her feet carried her out of the room. "Erica, wait, I didn’t mean-" I sighed, realizing it was too late. "Please." I begged, walking down the hall. "Hey." 

"Is that it?" Her teary eyes looked into mine. "You think I’m a slut?" 

"No, I didn’t mean it like that. I’m just-Niall really pissed me off, I’m sorry." 

"It’s alright." She shrugged. "I get it." 

"I’m sorry." My arms extended for her to hug me, and she couldn’t refuse for long, before she pulled me in to a tight hug. "I love you." I smiled.

"I love you too. I’m sorry." She laughed. "It was stupid, wasn’t it?" 

"No." I shook my head. "Let’s forget about it. Hey did you see-" I was interrupted by a car door slamming outside. "Who’s that?" I walked over to the tall window that took up most of the wall. The window looked out to the front yard, and the driveway. There was my car, Erica’s car, and a black range rover. "Do you know who’s car that is?" 

"Uh." Erica bit her lip. "I uh- You should go get the door." 

"No way! What if it’s some creepy man?" 

"I think I may have an idea of who it is." Her body slumped, as she sat down on the bed, almost as if she were guilty. 

"Alright." I shook my head, pushing her strange behaviour to the back of my mind. I made my way down the hall, and down stairs, to open the door. I always kept it unlocked, which probably wasn’t safe, but Erica was always in and out of my house, so there was no point in locking it. I suppose I could’ve gotten her a key, but it was too much of a hassle. I opened the door, and saw the familiar blonde haired boy that I slapped across the face only an hour earlier. My hatred for him grew as I looked at him, but I could also feel myself loving every second of it. "Niall?"