Chapter 7

I opened my eyes, and found myself looking at the side profile of Niall. I felt around me, and looked down, noticing I was wrapped in the covers of his bed, while he was watching the TV that was in front of him. 

"Niall." I said, weakly. 

"Oh, you finally woke up." He turned his body, so he was looking at me. His lips were pressed gently against my temple, as he smiled at me. "How are you feeling? A bit better?" 

"Yeah." I nodded. "What happened?" 

"You uh-I think you got heat stroke." 

"And then what happened?" 

"You passed out, and I carried you up here." 

"You put me in your bed, in wet cl-" I looked down at my body, realizing I was wearing one of Niall’s shirts, and the same underwear I was wearing before. Which didn’t make sense, because I went in the hot tub, with them on. "Wait. How’d you get me changed?" 

"I changed your clothes." He laughed. 

"You saw me naked!?" I gasped, blushing a deep red. 

"Yeah." He shrugged, turning his focus back to the TV for a second. 

"But I didn’t-" 

"Shh, love." Niall laid down beside me, and kissed my lips for a few seconds. "Just relax, okay? I didn’t do anything, and I only did it so that you could get out of your wet clothes, and wear something else, and relax. Don’t worry." 

"I know but-" 

"Cara." He pulled me close to him, his warm arms wrapping me in an embrace. "I’ve seen tons of girls naked." He laughed. "Not all out of choice. But, your body is beautiful, and there is nothing wrong with it. I’m sorry that I saw you naked, but at least now you’re dry, and warm." 

"How did you get these underwear dried?" 

"I put them in the laundry." Niall smiled, as if he was proud of himself. "And then put them back on you." 

"Oh." I bit my lip. "Thank you." I cuddled into his chest. I wasn’t supposed to like this, but I loved it. Niall was so sweet, and peaceful, it was nice. Maybe it was just in public, he was rude, and aggressive, or maybe it came in outbursts, and he couldn’t help it. "Niall." I mumbled. 

"Mhm?" 

"What time is it?" 

"9:30." 

"I should be going home." 

"No." Niall objected, holding me closer. "Please, stay." 

"No, I really should go home." 

"Cara." He kissed the top of my head. "I want you to stay. Besides, you’re not in any shape to drive home, and your bra is still being washed. You can’t leave without it." I could tell he was just making up excuses for me to stay. I wasn’t drunk, I just had heat stroke. I was fine, now. 

"Niall, I just had heat stroke, I’m alright now, and-" 

"Stop arguing." He pushed me onto my back, leaning over me. His eyes were full of anger, and his eyebrows furrowed. "I asked you to stay, now stay. It wasn’t an option.” His hands were pinning my arms against the bed. “Alright?” I didn’t speak. “Alright?” He repeated. 

"Mhm." I looked up at him, with forgiveness in my eyes. I didn’t do anything wrong, but I sure felt like I did. 

"Good." 

"Okay." I looked down, away from his blue-eyed gaze. I turned my head to the side, as Niall hovered over me. I felt his hand turn my chin, so I was looking back into his eyes. 

"Hey." He kissed my lips. "Don’t be like that." 

"Like what?" 

"You know." 

"Alright." I raised my eyebrows. "Then don’t be so rough with me." 

"I’m not rough with you." He spat back. "And don’t tell me how to be around you." 

"Excuse me?" I attempted to sit up, before I was thrown back down, against the pillows. "Niall, let me go." I said, squirming from around him. 

"I don’t like when girls don’t listen." He kissed my neck. 

"Niall." I pushed him away. "I’m not your dog." I escaped from underneath him, and walked to the door. 

"Cara, come back." 

"No." I objected, grabbing my phone, and bag from the top of the stairs, and running down. Luckily, the door was right at the bottom of the stairs, so I couldn’t get lost. I slipped my shoes on, and unlocked the door, running out to my car. 

"Cara!" He called after me, slipping his jumper on, over his head. "Why are you leaving?" 

"Because." I opened my car door. "You need to learn to fucking control yourself." I slammed it shut, and drove away. The chilly weather outside cooled my skin, and it felt as if it chilled me right to the bone. I wasn’t wearing any pants, and it was 10:00 at night. I was so angry. As soon as I thought Niall was different, he turned into the asshole he always was. I wanted to believe everything was okay, and that our "relationship" was actually something, and was going to last… but if Niall couldn’t control himself, and keep from turning into an absolute asshole, then I couldn’t bare with him. I couldn’t surround myself with someone like that. I wouldn’t let it happen.