Chapter 4

We pulled up to the front of a restaurant, that looked familiar-I had drove by it several times, just never went in- and Niall walked around, to help me out. 

"Thank you." I smiled, as he grabbed hold of my hand. 

"No problem." His eyes looked over my body. To be honest, I had already gotten used to his eyes looking me up and down. I guess for him, that was the only substitute for not being able to touch me the way he wanted. "So, I was thinking we could get some dinner, and then maybe walk around for a bit? I know, its probably too late for you to be out, but-" 

"Niall." I stopped him. "You know, just because I won’t sleep with you, doesn’t mean I don’t allow myself to be out past 9 PM." I laughed. 

"Oh. I don’t know, you just don’t give off that sort of feeling. I feel like you’re the kind of girl who’s never even kissed a guy, or something." 

"I’m 19." I looked up into his eyes. "I’m not in grade 5." 

"Well, still." His cheeks blushed lightly. Niall looked so sweet, and cute for another strange moment. I wasn’t used to that, even if I’ve only known him for a little while. He wasn’t sweet, or gentle, he was rough, and aggressive… I could tell he was trying so hard to put on this act for me. "Anyways, we can get dinner, and go on a walk." 

"That sounds very nice, Niall. I’d like that." 

"Good." He nodded. His gaze left mine, when a tall, blonde waitress came past us. 

"How many?" She asked, shifting her body towards Niall. 

"Two." 

"Please." I added, giving her a genuine smile. It probably looked as if I was taking someone out to teach them how to behave in public, or something.. Just nothing like a date. I didn’t really think of whatever Niall and I were on, as a date. The two of us weren’t actually in to each other, he just wanted my body, and I just wanted him to leave me alone. That’s how it was, and I was sure that’s how it would be, forever. The waitress sat us down, and smiled at us, as she walked away. “Do you come here, often?” 

"Ah." Niall shrugged. "I come here a bit." 

"Do you take all of your girls here?" I laughed, looking at the menu. 

"No, we usually don’t go out for dinner. We usually just end up going straight to my place." 

"I see." I sat there, and looked at him, from across the table. He was beautiful, and flawless, and every girls dream. He didn’t look as if he ever made mistakes, but he did. Niall was almost the type of guy who would sleep with a different girl, every night… and that’s just how he was. I thought it must feel sad, and lonely. To fuck someone, and make love, are two totally different things, and I don’t think he’s ever made love. I knew I shouldn’t be thinking about that, especially now, but it was true. It hurt me to think he’s never loved another person in a way that was so desperate and kind. It scared me, just like a lot of things about him. The skinny waitress came back, the same smile plastered on her face. 

"Do you guys know what you want?" 

"Uh, yes." Niall said, looking across at me. "Do you know what you’d like?" 

"Mhm." I nodded. 

"Lady’s first, then." That damn smile reappeared on his face, causing me to almost fall at loss of words. 

"Oh. Uh, I’ll just have uh-" I bit my lip. "A salad, please." 

"Alright." She nodded, not bothering to ask me what sort of dressing I wanted. "And Niall, would you like what you always get?"