Chapter 18

Werewolves and witches charge at one another, some have shifted, others have not. Magic flies in the air in all different shapes and colors. The fog adds to the affect as all the wolf eyes glow through it. Once I told that witch they were my first target and shifted, all hell broke loose. People shifted, witches got their magic out and all three crowds became one. This abandoned town has become our battle ground. I ripped that stupid witch who threw his orb at me to shreds, starting with his legs.

I've torn through many witches and rogues after that. Maybe some of Max's people, I have lost track nor do I care. I barely have a bruise on my body, no one has yet to stand a chance against me.

A rogue wolf and I circle one another as many others fight near us. He's missing an eye and I would love to take the other one from him as well. Let's see if this guy is stronger than the rest.

I show my fangs as a way of intimidation as we continue to circle around. My back is stiff and my tail high to show my confidence. I want him to make the first move, the first mistake. Besides the missing eye... what is your weakness? If any.

My impatience begins to creep up my spin once again. It's begging for me to get another body on my list. Fine, if he won't make the first strike then I will. I spring forward, throwing my paw at his face. I catch him off guard and am able to scratch his face but he quickly recovers by shoving the side of his head into my shoulder.

We snap our jaws at one another. He connects his teeth with my throat fur and tries to yank me around like a dog toy. I kick at his long legs and snap at any fur or skin I can grab. I ram my head into his own like a bull to separate us. Once we are separated I swiftly throw my paw on top of his head and smash his face into the grass. After, I easily grab the fur on his neck and rip it out with my strength. A loud wolf-scream leaves his mouth and I leave him there to bleed out. I lick my lips and teeth tasting any left over blood.

Bodies and wolves fight around me. Blood seeps into the grass under our feet. All of this because of me but I won't complain. I finally get to get my hands dirty without having to worry about cops, people, my father. I don't have to worry about anyone.

Magic zips over my head in the shape of a spear and hits a woman in the chest, she falls instantly. The magic spear breaks turning into dust, as if it was never there.

I scan my eyes through the crowd, looking for my next opponent. Since this war broke out most wolves have been coming for me but it seems like everyone is too occupied with fighting someone else to remember about me. Their most dangerous opponent. I wonder where my main opponents are? I haven't seen those witch leaders, Franklin or Will since I started fighting. I'd love to get my hands on them soon.

I search around looking for any of them. I want a good fight, a good opponent. These rogues, witches and other lower wolves from the packs are way too easy. I continue to look, dodging some magic and punches on the way but find no one. I would not be surprised if Franklin and Will escaped and are waiting to come back while everyone is at their lowest.

Instead I spot someone who seems weak and an easy kill. I'm tired of looking, I want to get more action again. As I stalk the wolf, ready to pounce, a voice yells out rumbling the ground beneath me. "Zapphire!" I look around at the people around me. I am the only one who seems to acknowledge or hear him.

I ignore his scream but I can sense his presence getting closer, that familiar smell of his cologne becomes stronger. My heart starts racing but I ignore that too. I'm not letting our mate connection get in my way. I'm not his mate anymore. If I could reject him now I would in a heartbeat.

I jump into a nearby fight instead. It's between two wolves, one is a werewolf but the other is a hybrid. All the witch hybrids have a tint of purple in their eyes when they shift. We all tangle into each other biting and scratching, trying to get the upper hand on the other.