Chapter 12

I cried my eyes out into Max's arms. It's my third meltdown today. I have barely left the room the past two days, not since talking to my father. I get up to use the bathroom, I cry until my eyes can longer form tears and then I lay in bed and get in my own head. My father's words play throughout like a record player on repeat that is haunting my brain.

I told Max and only Max, everything when we got home. I cried explaining all of that too. I was finally able to release all my emotions without my father being there.

I'm broken.

Even after he found out about my curse Max still stayed with me. He rocks me in his lap and runs his hand through my hair trying to sooth me. This is our daily process. I sob into his chest until my throat is raw. I sit up and sniff looking into my mates' caring eyes. "Oh sweetheart," He whispers and wipes his thumb underneath my eyes, "You are so strong."

I smile at him. He's always complimenting me now, even in my lowest times. I loved them but I had too many miserable thoughts going through my head to even be able to truly acknowledge his words.

It wasn't the curse that was killing me on the inside, it was more of my mother. I am the reason she is dead. Even though I know it is my father's fault I have been cursed, I still feel responsible. I look down at our photo, more tears falling down my cheeks. "You need to stop blaming yourself... you can't sit in this room and basically root. Let's go for a walk or do something, we can search for a cure. We could find those wolf witches. It's been years, Maybe they found something. Or maybe it's all fake. All I'm asking is you leave these four walls... please." His voice is so soft in my ears. I know that he is concerned and I understand but it is so hard to just be able to walk out of this room and pretend like what I found out did not happen.

"Soon..." I sigh at him. I am not sure if this is entirely true but he keeps telling me to get some fresh air and I don't want to disappoint him.

His eyes flicker and he nods pulling me into a soft, loving kiss. Our kisses have been happening more often as well and I didn't tense up as much anymore. It always helps calm me down a little more. We pull away and Max smiles, then his eyes gloss over and someone is speaking to him through the link. When he comes back to reality, he is the one sighing. "Molly needs to talk to me. She said it is urgent." He rolls his eyes but continues. "Is it okay If I go?"

"Of course." I reply back to him. He has his Alpha duties to attend to and I don't need to stop him because I can't seem to stop crying and pull myself together. I go to lift myself off of his lap but he is faster than me. He stands up from the bed, holding me in his arms and delicately sets me back on the bed as if I was glass and was going to break if he didn't set me down any other way. I felt like I was breaking.

"Let me know if you need anything." He taps his temple with his index finger, referring to our private link. When I nod at him, he leans in for another quick kiss before heading off.

I rub my eyes and stretch out all my muscles. Who knows how long Max and I were sitting there for but my muscles have gone stiff. I walk over to the dresser that now holds more of my own clothes than it does Max's and reach out for the glass of water that sat on it.

I drink the cool water, feeling the water go down is nice against my sore throat. I raise my eyes to the mirror, I look horrible. It's been two days, yet I look as if I haven't been out of this room for five years. My hair is in knots, there are bags under my eyes from not sleeping and I seriously need a shower. I groan and shake my head at my own reflection. Past me would be frowning upon my tears and how pathetic I have been, if she saw me now.

I see my mother in me, her features almost the same as mine, from what I can remember at least. I can't look at myself if I think of her... and what happened- I shake the thought away and instead grab some clothes from the drawers. The least I can do is shower and change.