Chapter 13

I stretch out. My body extends out on the entire bed. I can tell the curtains are open even with my eyes still closed. I slowly open my eyes allowing them to adjust to the lovely sunlight. Today is the day, it is finally Friday. Today I am becoming the official Luna of the Silver Hollow Pack and I will finally have no more connections with my father's pack, the Black Eclipse.

I'm not surprised when I look around and find Max is not in the room. I am surprised to see red flower petals on the floor when I swing my feet off the bed, as well as a little note on the nightstand. I grab the folded up paper and open it up. Max's satisfying cursive handwriting is planted on the lined paper.

To my soon to be Luna,

You are probably not surprised that I am not with you this morning. Due to the sudden plans I have lots of work to do so that tonight can be perfect and I fear I may not be able to see you at all today until tonight. If that ends up being the case I know it will be worth it. Nonetheless, I have decided to do something special to make up for my absence.

With Love,

Max

I smile as I reach the end of the letter and pull it to my chest. He is just too sweet.

I suppose this surprise he is speaking of has something to do with the petals across the room. I stand from the bed, stretching out my muscles before following the petals. Of course they lead to the bathroom, in which the door is closed. Something special must be behind this door.

When I open the door, the petals continue to the bathtub. I gasp at the sight, my hand going to my mouth. Max seems to have set up my own little spa day. Tall white candles are placed all around the room, with a lighter on the counter for me to light them. The bathtub is already filled with water and more red petals except black ones are mixed in with the red this time. Steam still rises from the water which tells me Max couldn't have done this too long ago, I'm just shocked I never woke up while he was setting all of this up.

I take no time to light up the candles in the room and strip down. I throw my hair in a sloppy bun on top of my head, not feeling like getting it wet. I slowly step into the tub, the water a perfect warmth. This is amazing, definitely a relaxer for a big night.

I can't believe what all Max has done in such a short amount of time. After Max and I had talked about it, Max took no time contacting and convincing people, friends and other pack leaders to change their plans and be here tonight. We need other Alphas/Lunas to witness the ceremony, is what Max told me but he also wanted his other Alpha friends to just be there. Not only that but he had Jason go out asking around for our Hybrid wolf witches. Last I heard he couldn't find any leads... yet. Max and I had a lot on our plates when setting up this event, Max more than me to be honest.

Our theme is traditional, pasted down from generations of this pack that has always done a black and white theme with a splash of color. Apparently all guests wear only black and white and some of the decorations match. But in the decorations you add a small color into it picked by the Alpha and Luna. Max and I decided on teal as our "splash of color" so in our decorations we decided to make the candles that will sit at the tables a teal color as well as some of the drapes that will hang from the ceiling or on the stairs railings. It was pretty much like decorating for a wedding and without the actual marriage part, this was me basically marrying the pack if you really think about it.

I let myself take in this relaxing moment before actually washing my body, I even shaved my legs because I know I'll be wearing a dress tonight. It's been awhile since I was forced into a dress and I'm not exactly sure how I feel about it just yet.

I pull the drain once I'm done and step out wrapping the fuzzy towel around my body. I take my hair out of its bun and step into the closet. Last night Max told me to wear sweats, or at least something easy to take off, something about my makeup and not getting it messed up. Speaking of that he also mentioned someone would be doing all this for me but I'm not sure who.