Chapter 8

The plan goes exactly as I want it to. I, as the unofficial but still Luna of this pack would greet all those who came in with Max at my side. That's exactly what we did, but the "civilians" were actually other guards of packs Max has alliances with, but the rogues don't know that. We needed people who could fight, in case something goes down.

Max and I spent hours on end looking through contracts of other packs we had and contacting them for a meet up as soon as possible. It was hours of looking and acting professional. We as well had to rent out a hall, to make this all happen. When we weren't doing that I was spending hours training and bonding with Molly. She's become normal around me now, more comfortable, she's like a sister. To be honest it was a good excuse to avoid Max... I'm still a little upset about the mark.

The rogues fell right into my trap because three had entered not too long ago. Everything else after the plan was normal, I just needed one to make a simple mistake. I needed one to start drinking. Max, Molly, and Jason, all stayed back but kept a good eye out for any weapons, or threats while still seeming casual.

It's been awhile, I faked up some conversations with random Zetas, them as well knowing my plan. I spot a rogue at the bar set up, he sits on a small stool, a shot glass in front of him. Perfect. My sweet little victim. He clearly didn't realize that he reeked of a rejected wolf but rogues are to stupid to think about that.

I glance at Max and nod, it's my signal letting him know I was about to start our plan. I see his chest rise but never fall, he's tense and worried but does not leave his spot.

I begin my approach, "Hi." I say low but politely as I approach. "I'm not sure I got to introduce myself to you. You seem unfamiliar, what pack are you from?" I say like I would to any other civilian. I sound girly but professional and neither of those are my style.

The rogue practicality chokes on his own saliva when I approach. I've caught him off guard but I've made him believe I have no suspicion on who he is. I take a seat at the stool next to him, with a smile on my face, and he has no idea what to say to me. I laugh, "Oh wait! I have seen you! You're from William's pack. Haha sorry."

"Right! Y-yea." He quickly takes his shot and his face wrinkles up as if all he drank was straight lemon juice.

"The name is Zapphire, as you've probably heard so many times. I'm Max's mate." I tell him. I need to get his attention, his full attention. He's too busy sitting straight, his fist on the table staring at his fingers. His facial hair is absolutely annoying. It looks like he tried to recently shave but didn't have the right tools. It's all spotty and uneven.

He glares at me trying to hide the gross evil look but I see it. "Right." His voice is low and annoyed.

"Hey!" I call the bartender over, which is purposely Molly. She looks at me and smiles walking in my direction. "Get me and this man another shot!" I laugh looking at him and punching his shoulder. "I think you and I need to relax. These things are stressful." I act friendly but I give a wink to Molly and she knows exactly what to do.

The rogue looks at me suspiciously but manages to give me a smile. Molly takes advantage of him not looking over and slips a pill in the glass. "Two vodka shots!" Molly yells out and slides them over to us, making sure the rogue grabs the correct one.

"Oh vodka, you are one tough man. Bottoms up!" I hold my glass out to him and he clings his against mine and we both drink it down. I pull my face together as the stinging liquid hits the back of my throat. It's been awhile since I've drank any sort of alcohol.

He takes the shot, and he seems to take the shot easier than the first. Immediately I can see the effect kick in. His eyes scan the room repeatedly before making their way back to my own. His mouth opens but before he can yell something out to me, he begins to fall forward.