Chapter Fifty-Eight

You'd think I'd be used to him by now yet there I sat curled up like a baby next to the roaring fire that preformed an graceful routine in front of me while I sobbed softly to myself, every so often hearing the faint sound of water dripping from my hair onto the cold wooden floor creating a small puddle surrounding me. I suppose I had a reason to cry, I was overwhelmed with pressure, constantly confused but getting no answers, I just for once wanted to feel secure.

It must had been early morning by now since we didn't get back from Knockturn alley till around about 2am and I had been sat alone by the fireplace all night not once being able to sleep knowing as soon as I'd shut my eyes I'd have nothing but nightmares. I looked down at my hands that were pale and a faint tinge of pink, they felt numb being so cold not even the fire was able to defrost them anymore. Afterall fire isn't able to defrost the cold from within and at this point I hadn't a clue if I had even the slightest bit of warmth left in me.

The loud sound of the clock bell startled me, I glanced up at the huge grandfather clock that stood in the corner at squinted in the darkness finally able to make out that it was now 6am, I was positive the Manor refused to take in light since it was almost always dreary the only thing giving off light being the eerie candles that would be scattered around the Manor.

"Goodness child, what are you doing awake so early" The familiar sound of a womans voice echoed through the drawing room, it gave me a fright at first as I was too out of it to notice that anyone came downstairs at all.

I refused to turn and face her dreading the idea of worrying the poor woman even more than I did before, I attempted to wipe away the tears but could already feel how red and puffy my eyes were from not only crying but the utter lack of sleep. I shuffled closer to the fire praying she'd just leave me wallowing in my own pity though another part of me just wanted to be comforted.

And I received just that, I flinched when I felt a warm wool blanket droop over my shoulders and my wet hair being gently pulled out from underneath, I glanced up seeing Narcissa who peered down at me worryingly. Though I was too distracted by her eyes, they too were dark and shadowy, but they weren't as cold as the rest of the Malfoys, they consoled me instantly warming me up like a hot cup of coffee.

She didnt say anything at first, slowly kneeling down beside me taking me into her arms, I didn't hesitate instead immediately collapsed into her shoulder wheeping quietly but loud enough for her to hear. I felt her subtle hand gently brush through my wet hair detangling it carefully making sure she didn't disturb me.

"I know how difficult this must be for you dear, giving up your freedom for my boy is a courages act and I can do nothing more than to praise you for it. It may not seem like it right now it'll be worth the fight, I know you may think you've chosen the wrong path but you chose it for the right reason, and I admire that." She spoke softly but rationally, I took in every word she said with ease knowing that she was right and though it may not seem it right now eventually all my questions will be answered, I guess it just takes time.

She stood up and gestured for me to join her on the couch, I laid my head on her lap and cuddled into her as she heaved the heavy blanket over the both of us, her calming breathing instantly made me drift off, the last thing I saw being blazing fire and warm embrace of Narcissa. It was only then when I realised, I finally received what seemed to be truly a mother love.

I woke up still laying comfortably on the couch but sighed when I saw that Narcissa was no longer with me, I glanced down to see that the blanket was neatly tucked around me and now a glimmer of light was peeping through a small portion of the huge arched window. I perked up and stared out of it looking down at the small courtyard instantly brining me back to last night, butterflies fluttered in my stomach at the thought of Dracos lips on mine completely forgetting the reason we argued.

I wasn't able to wrap my head around how he managed to take such a huge toll on me, no matter what I could never stay mad at him, though I tried and majority of the time wanted to I always knew that I'd eventually give in and fall for him again, just as I did the first time. It'd frustrate me feeling as if he were just leading me on never admitting how he actually felt but then again it only made me want him more.

I glanced around the room curiously as I hear the faint sound of a piano playing softly, faintly bouncing off the walls, I stood up and aimlessly walked around the halls trying to locate where it was coming from, thats when I stumbled into a room smaller than the rest in the Manor, bookshelves stacking up to the ceiling and a huge chandelier dangling from the curved roof.

A huge bay window formed beautifully around a rather old but classy black piano and there sat Draco lost in his thoughts as he played Moonlight by Beethoven, I knew I recognised the tune since my father used to play me it Christmas Eve trying to teach me it when my mother would go out drinking with her friends. It immediately made me feel at peace as he played it so perfectly almost identical to how my father did, I stood in the doorway just watching him as his fingers moved quickly but pressed gently on the keys.

I gradually approached him not wanting to disturb him while he played enjoying both watching and listening to him, he's never once mentioned he played the piano but then again when did he ever tell me anything, he wasn't one to talk about himself so I suppose I couldn't put anything past him.

I waited patiently as he finished before finally speaking, "You didnt mention you actually had a talent" I said sarcastically as I approached him, his head shot towards me clearly startled by my voice. He glanced around the room and back at the piano before looking back at me.

"Surprised are we Ceradwin?" He questioned but the taunting look on his face said otherwise, I strolled up to him and brushed my hand across the top of the piano trailing the outskirts.

"Moonlight; Beethoven, I'm impressed I said glancing back up at him but before he got the chance to ask me how I knew, I interrupted, "My father used to play me it every Christmas, tried teaching me it but I was too excited to see Santa" I scoffed.

"I'd offer to teach you but I doubt you'll even be able to play one key by how much you shake" He sneered before shuffling over as if to tempt me into proving him wrong, and why would I ever put down the chance to do so.

I took a seat next to him and glanced up at his smug expression before watching his fingers intently trying to memorise the keys but I got too distracted by his silver rings that wrapped around his fingers perfectly enhancing his pale skin, he cleared his throat breaking me out of my trance and gestured to the piano. I hovered my fingers above the keys trying my best to remember what my father taught me, I managed to play the beginning of it with very little mistakes but struggled the further it went on.

Just as I was about to press the wrong key I felt Dracos hand on top of mine now guiding me to the correct one, I looked up at him who's head hovered above my shoulder focusing intently on my hand movements. He led me through the remainder of the piece his cold rings preventing me from shaking so much.

"Not awful, but definitely needs more practice" He said with pleasure as he criticised me

"Sorry I'm not blessed with piano fingers" I scowled while rolling my eyes

"Pianos aren't the only thing my fingers are good for" He muttered smirking slyly, I glanced down at the floor feeling my face turn a slight shade of scarlet, Dracos always had a way with his words.