Chapter Fourteen

We decided on a set date to research for our project, although he wasn't too happy, he saw that it was really his only option. So, we would meet in the common room late, around half ten on a Wednesday since that was apparently the only day he was free.

I found this odd but I made sure not to question him as much since I actually wanted to do well in this project, for now at least. It was the third week of meeting up and it was due by Christmas giving us a good amount of time to finish.

I sat waiting for him reading by the fireplace, he must have been really quiet since he just appeared next to me giving me a fright. It was usually me trying to make small talk since he didn't really want to talk to me, but this time was different.

"You read a lot don't you Ceradwin" that was one of the first times he actually started a conversation without threatening me, so it took me by surprise.

"Oh erm yeah sure you can say that" I don't know why but I actually felt nervous talking to him.

"Have you read anything about me?" This threw me off completely making me look up at him in a state of shock.

"Of course not, why would I read about you." I said bluntly and continued writing.

"I know you've researched my family Y/n" I froze, it took me a few seconds to answer but I did.

"How? I mean no, no of course not that's ludicrous" I said acting confused, I placed down my pen and waited for his answer.

"I saw you; I know you saw me at the front of The Daily Prophet and read about how my father was put into Azkaban. I saw how intrigued you were and followed you to here where you looked though the shelves and found a section about my family." He paused and grabbed the book I was reading before he came in.

He went to page 184 and took out a ripped-up section of the newspaper containing news about the man who shall not be named and his followers, one suspected of being Draco's father Lucius.

"I know more than you think Ceradwin, when I told you that I'm keeping a close eye on you, I wasn't lying. There isn't anything you can do without me knowing."

I was just sat there shocked by how much he knew, I wasn't aware how much he knew about me.

"The vanishing cabinet, what are you doing with it?" I saw his face drop, I knew he didn't expect me to know about it, the one thing I kept to myself.

"I saw you talking to Mr Borgin, he said he had strict orders not to let anyone touch it, they're your orders aren't they."

"And y-you look tired, constantly fidgeting. Your father is obviously a death eater that's why he's in Azkaban. The night he was spotted was also the night your father got arrested."

At that point I could see Draco becoming tense, his eyes constantly shifting direction. The more I put two and two together the more anxious he got. I knew I was onto something.

That was until I mentioned Death Eaters, that was the last straw. He stood up grabbing me by the wrist and tossed me into the supply closet, he slammed the door behind him and flicked on the light. It was cramped, he stood above me leaving me with no room to move.

"Show me your arm Draco" I grabbed his arm to attempt to pull up his sleeve, but he swiftly retracted it and reached for his wand in his back pocket.

He pointed it at me in which I flinched and held my arms above my head not knowing his next moves but then I slowly took them away opening my eyes.

"Ceradwin, this is the last straw, you're mad to assume these ridiculous accusation's" He traced the wand above my chest eventually reaching my chin. He used his wand to lift my chin forcing me to look up at him.

"What? You going to kill me Malfoy." I said looking him directly in his eyes.

His lip quivered, and eyebrows grew more arched, he put more pressure on the wand in attempt to frighten me, yet I want scared. I knew deep down he couldn't hurt anyone, never mind me so I stood my ground.

As he began to lower his wand, I took my chance and tugged his sleeve revealing his forearm. Right in the centre being a dark mark, symbol for the Death Eaters. My eyes widened and I was stood staring at the pulsating snake with a skull head imbedded into his pale skin.

"Y-you're" I stuttered and was unable to get my words out. Next minute I fell to the ground my gaze focused on the bright green light coming from Draco's wand.

I was in a dazed like state, my vision was blurry and I was unable to move my body, Draco reached down picking me up and tossed me over his back. All I saw was the back of his feet, he was heading upstairs to the girls dorm. I was limp but still felt every step he took heaving me up them stairs. We reached the girls dorm but it was dimly lit, he placed me down onto my bed and as soon as my head touched the pillow I was out.

The last thing I remembered was his eye's watching me intently as I drifted asleep.