Chapter Fifteen

I woke up in a daze, I didn't know where I was for a few minutes, that was until I walked up to the window next to my bed. I saw the quidditch team on the field training in the rain. I spent all morning trying to figure out why I was finding it difficult to remember small things, I would walk past something and it would trigger something in me therefore making that memory come back.

As I walked around the school grounds, I still felt out of it, I wasn't completely there. I passed Genevieve in the corridor on the way to my next class and she gave me a faint smile. That smile made me remember all of the good memories I've had with her and honestly made me miss her even more.

My eyes wandered off staring at the moving paintings on the wall, as I turned the corner, I bumped into someone causing me to drop all my books.

"You should watch where you're-"I paused as my eyes trailed up a long dark cloak and met with their light grey eyes. Everything about him came back to me in that moment, I was overwhelmed by how much I had forgotten.

I was mesmerised by him, that's when the memory's flooded back and I was certain he was the one to do it. I must have been standing there a while since he broke my gaze by waving his hand in front of my face and began to laugh, his friends followed on.

I shook my head brining myself back to reality and crouched down picking up my books. As I stood back up, I couldn't help but stare at him as he walked past, that's when I realised, I had no recollection of yesterday.

I had no clue what lessons I had, what I had for lunch or even how I got to bed. I was immediately suspicious and knew something must have happened yesterday leading up to my memory being wiped.

I finished up my last class of that day and began wandering the halls, still a bit confused I thought I'd go on a walk to get some air and try my best to remember anything about yesterday.

The sun was going down and I found myself close to the forbidden forest, I wouldn't dare go inside so I made sure to only go as far as the first few trees. That was until I saw a light.

I was curious and went a little further following the narrow mud path into the forest. The light just kept on getting brighter the closer I got and before I knew it, I was halfway inside. Only just realising that it was getting harder to see that was when I started to panic a little. I tried my best to scout out an exist or retrace where I came in, but it was only getting darker.

The only option I had was to follow the light, so that's what I did. My eyes slowly started to focus on where the light was coming from and it directed me to a dark figure. I stood behind a tree making sure I wasn't seen as I didn't know who or what it was.

I saw it reaching towards a tree slowly pulling out a small white bird, whatever it was I knew it was gentle by the way it caressed it clearly not intending to harm it.

As I got closer, I heard a twig snap under my foot, shit. I glanced down for a second repositioning my foot and as I looked back up the figure was gone and so was the light leaving me in complete darkness.

I made my way towards where I saw the light trying to catch sight of it again as it was the only thing keeping me at ease. As I wandered around cluelessly, I felt my foot slip causing me to lose balance. I shut my eyes tight not wanting to see what I was about to fall into yet when I opened them all I saw was my reflection my face was near enough touching the black lake.

I felt myself slowly getting further away, I looked at my wrist and strained my eyes seeing a pale hand, a few rings latched to their fingers. It gripped my wrist tight saving me from falling into the lake. As I found my balance, I asked who it was.

They didn't answer. They just grabbed my hand and pulled me through the forest, my other hand protecting my face from getting hit by the branches. I called out a few times telling them to wait but they didn't listen.

Eventually they managed to get us both out of the forest only seeing a few trees scattered here and there. I looked around trying to see if I recognised anything in which to my delight, I saw Hagrid's hut not too far up the hill. As I glanced back at the person, I saw them walking ahead up the hill with their hood up.

I ran up behind them shouting for them to come back and as I approached them, I pulled down their cloak revealing platinum blonde hair which looked like it lit up the surrounding area.

"Draco?" I was confused, he turned his head to face me and pulled his hood back over his head to make sure no one else saw him.

"What where you doing out there? Do you have any idea how dangerous it is." He made sure his voice wasn't heard but I could sense the anger towards me.

"I- you, you erased my memory, didn't you?" I didn't really expect to confront him right now but it kind of just came out.

He huffed and turned again making his way towards the school.

"Yes, I must have been with you yesterday, it was a Wednesday, how? Why? I don't understand why would you-" I trailed him up the hill trying to wrap my head around why he'd bother erasing my memory.

"I don't know what you're talking about Ceradwin. You must be going mad." I could tell he was getting more agitated by the second, the more questions I asked the more irritated he grew.

We got to Hagrid's hut in which I carried on drowning him in accusations, next minute he pulled me around the back and held both my arms keeping me in place causing me to shut up.

"Look, I have no clue what dim-witted things you're accusing me off and if I were you, Id keep my mouth shut. I wouldn't want people thinking I'm insane." I was distracted by his eyes; they would shift from looking at me to looking at his sleeve.

His grip loosened and he patted himself down fixing his robe and headed back up to the castle. I didn't bother following him but instead just watched as he pulled out the bird from inside his cloak, I was more intrigued on why he'd possibly need a bird.