Chapter Eighty-Four

I paced up and down the room in a panic trying to grasp what had just happened, it was just so sudden, I thought we at least had a few more days before we had to get up and leave again. After all it would have been impossible to track us down that quickly without some help, so thats what I concluded on, someone must have given us in. I couldn't think straight. my palms were sweating, and room was spinning, I knew I had to calm myself down before I was managed to do something I'd later regret. I had two choices, I could go after him or I could run and right now fleeing my fears looked t be the most appealing.

My mind immediately took me into a spiral, I was pretty certain the reason they where on the hunt for us wasn't to have a little family reunion, in their eyes Draco betrayed them to save a girl that contributed absolutely nothing towards the Dark Lord and is most likely looked down upon since I joined. The only reason he's taken him back to the Manor is to get rid of him, if anyone shows any signs of uncertainty, they're no use to them and by the looks of it we are on the top of that list. I couldn't help but feel guilty if anything I should be the one to blame, I was the one to put him up to this so why is he the one taking the hits. He still had a family to live for, I had nothing.

'Fuck' I muttered itching the back of my neck frantically trying to think of what to do next, the entire reason he pushed me out of the way was so I didn't get caught and for me to go back to the Manor out of free will would make his sacrifice pointless. After last night I looked to be more of a burden than anything else, everything that has happened has been my fault, I just made things difficult for people and by the looks of it I was also destroying them. I paused glancing at my reflection in the mirror but what I saw wasn't someone I recognised, it was someone I wouldn't mind not ever seeing again but before I made up my mind I heard someone at the door.

"Room Service" A quaint little voice echoed through the corridor followed by two small knocks.

"Not now" I mumbled clenching the side of the bed not wanting to be disturbed, "Room Service" the voice said louder, I stood up and stormed towards the door swinging it open but just as I was about to say something I looked down and there stood a small familiar face staring back up at me.

"Ronnie!" I screamed grabbing her hand and pulling her inside scanning the hallway as I shut the door, I completely forgot the one memory that had made me one of the happiest I had been, letting her free was one of the best decisions I had made. A small bit of relief settled my nerves knowing that I wasn't alone, by the looks of it she was just as delighted as I was, her huge eyes sparkled, and a big grin was plastered across her face.

"Miss Ceradwin is back! Why is Miss Ceradwin back?" Ronnies face slowly dropped looking slightly confused, she of course didn't get any warning or indication I'd be here yet there I sat looking in a worse state than I did last time I saw her. I began to explain what has happened briefly and very quietly this time more wary of my surroundings, I made sure to keep my forearm out of view as I told her that I wasn't really meant to be here.

"But if Miss doesn't want to get caught why does Miss want to go back the Manor?" Ronnie said questioning my reason, to her it seems clear, I should run, hide to prevent me from meeting my end. Though my thought process wasn't so simple, the only thing preventing me from doing so is him and by how I made Draco out to look, to Ronnie there isn't any reason I should go back. I still refused to admit that I cared even though this was proving to me that I had to.

"Its not that simple Ronnie" I sighed but I didn't look convincing in the slightest, she knew something was up, but I didn't want to admit why I was being so insistent. "But it is, Ronnie can show Miss secret passage and Miss can escape" Ronnie held my hand and tugged me towards the door not wanting to put me at risk as much as I already was, but I refused to move.

"Please Miss, hurry" Ronnie said desperately grabbing me with her other hand as she leant back putting all of her weight on the foot closet to the door and finally, I gave in, I followed behind her as she led me to what looked to be a large wardrobe in a small room not so far down from mine. She flung them open and pushed me in a rack of clothes, I turned around confused to why shes shoved me into a dusty old wardrobe but as I took a step back my foot dropped. I looked back to see a steep narrow stairwell leading down into darkness, not able to see beyond the fourth step.

"Go, quickly" Ronnie whispered shutting the doors behind me, I paused not knowing if I should carry on, but I retrieved my wand and looked down hesitantly at the stairs. 'Lumos' I uttered; the whole staircase lit up revealing the faded brick walls that looked to be gradually chipping away at itself. I began to make my way down them still cautious of what was to happen once I reached the end though after what felt like hours, I made it to the last step and found myself in yet another tight corridor that also looked to be never ending.

As I was walking down it I had a sinking feeling that I was making the wrong decision, I hadn't any destination, no plan whatsoever and I was abandoning the person that gave me a reason to carry on breaking the one promise I insisted I'd keep. There wouldnt be a point proceeding if he was the one person I gave everything up for, the least I could do is face whatever he was going through with him. So thats what I did, I shut my eyes tight and felt myself drifting to the one place I never wanted to go back too.

I clenched my fists tight digging into the previous indents I had made the night before scared to open my eyes, instead I listened carefully hearing not only my heart pounding inside my chest but loud yells from what sounded like Lucius. I finally forced myself to open them finding that I was stood in the corridor just outside of the drawing room, my eyes quickly darted the surroundings making sure I was the only one there. The house flooded me with memories I had forgotten, memories I refused to look back on, from the second I got here to the moment I left the heavy feeling on my chest created a sensation that I never wanted to come across again, but never the less it was back.

Just as I was about to approach the door, I jolted back from the loud smack I heard echo from the room and somehow, I could already picture what had happened without seeing it myself. I felt sick at the thought of seeing Draco sit there and take it all not having anything left to fight for, although he didn't seem like it, he was a coward around anyone who had more power over him. Thats why he tried obtaining power over anyone he could, it made him feel for once formidable. Another smack, and another, my heart sunk beginning to tear up, I feared that the next thing to come out of that room was going to be a lot worse.

"Forgive me Lucius, but may I suggest that it'd be better if we just get rid of him" The voice sounded familiar, it was that of Barty Crouch Jr, I recognised him from the starky tone that was heard during the meeting. The room seemed to be crawling with Death Eaters ranging from Greyback to his own parents all eager to watch Dracos downfall but what annoyed me most of all was that I didn't once hear Narcissas voice and I questioned if she even knew they had him. I refused to believe that she'd watch as her son got humiliated, she seemed to care so much for him but just didnt show it.

"But father I-"

"Be quiet Draco, you made me look a fool. Betraying me in front of the Dark Lord is more than enough to get you executed, you made the Malfoy name a disgrace. You should be ashamed of yourself boy, now please do what you wish Mr Crouch" His stern yell held no affection in the slightest, not the even the littlest bit of bother that he's going to witness his own son's death, I was in disbelief that his own father was disappointed in him even when Draco's whole demeanour was based on making him proud, obeyed every single task he's put him up to even if it meant putting himself in immense danger. Though that still wasn't enough, it saddened me knowing that he'd never get the father figure he deserved, instead he stood as cold as stone believing every word that came out of that cruel mans mouth.