Everything will be okay

✯¸

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ Eleven ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

''Hi,'' you quietly say as you blush softly while looking up, facing Kurapika. Kurapika smiled at you and gave you a hug and a quick peck on your cheeks, making sure nobody saw what he just did. Imagine what would happen if Rin was suddenly behind us.

''Why are you here?'' you asked him.

''Rin went to your father for the night''

You hum and nod as you listened to his answer. You felt a little awkward being like this with him now, after all the drama you had been through. You still felt icky after the whole situation and you were afraid of Rin and your father finding out.

Your father would probably disown you if he finds out you stole his precious little daughter's fiancé. I mean, it does sound bad if you think about it. Were you wrong then?

Your thoughts were only making you feel worse so you decided to worry about all that later.

Both of you walked through the city before reaching the little park that was surrounded by tall pine trees. You sat down next to Kurapika and faced him. Why did you have to feel so awkward?

''What's wrong?'' he asked you, sensing your awkwardness.

''I don't know. This just happened so fast and I'm starting to feel guilty again...'' you confessed.

Kurapika didn't reply. He looked up to the night sky and kept quiet until he cleared his throat, ''so... you don't want this?''

''Want what?''

''This. Us.''

You squinted your eyes and frowned at him. It is not that you didn't want it. It all happened so quick, too quick for you to feel okay with it. You hadn't seen him in two weeks and now both of you agreed to 'date' in private. Or whatever you want to call it.

''I do''

''Then what's wrong, Y/N? ... you seem so awkward''

''Pika, Rin came to my apartment the other day and we argued. We haven't seen each other for two weeks, I came to you to end this once and for all and look at us now. I can't pretend nothing happened.''

''I'm not asking you to act as if nothing happened.''

''Yeah''

''I love you''

''....''

He frowned at you, confused. He parted his lips slightly, wanting to say something again, but changed his mind and sighed. He played with his scarf as he slowly buried his face into the fabric. You could only see his eyes now.

''I love you, but I can't act like this, yet. It's going too fast. I'm sorry.'' You said and you stood up, but Kurapika grabbed your hand.

''Don't go...'' he begged and your eyes soften as you look into his. They didn't sparkle in the moonlight, they looked unhappy, so unhappy. ''I don't know. I'm just trying to do what's best.''

''I know, but can we slow down? Please?''

''Of course.''

You smiled at him and sat down. You took your phone out of your pocket to check the time and saw around ten missed calls from Azami. You frowned and looked at Kurapika, who sneakily looked at your phone as well.

He blushed, ''call him back''

You giggled and nodded. You dialled his number and Azami picked up immediately.

''Hey,'' he coughed.

''Hi, what's wrong?''

''I'm going to a friend right now-'' he started to cough again and you bit your bottom lip, ''I will be there for a while.''

''Why?'' you asked, ''did I do something wrong?''

''No, no, no. Don't worry. He... He has a new game. Yes, a new game. He asked me to play it with him.''

''A new game? Why would you stay away for a while for a game?''

''I- A-Anyway,'' he stuttered and cleared his throat, ''I'll see you soon''

Before you could say anything you heard beeping, meaning he hung up. You stared at your phone and frowned. You asked yourself a hundred questions. You were worried about your best friend and he wasn't going to tell you a thing.

''Something wrong with him?'' Kurapika asked and he placed his hand on your arm.

''I don't know. I'm worried.'' You whisper.

''Hey, it's okay,'' Kurapika reassured and swung his arm around you, holding you close to him. His warmth comforted you and you let your head fall onto his shoulder. You didn't care about anyone seeing you at this time. There weren't many people around since it was late in the evening.

''He keeps coughing plus he's so out of breath whenever he does something. He says it's all good but I doubt it. He says he's going to a friend for a while to play a game.''

''Did he tell you which friend?''

''Nope,'' you sighed and snuggled your face more into Kurapika's neck. You had forgotten how safe he always made you feel.

''Don't worry too much about it for now. I'm sure if it's something bad, he would tell you, right?''

''I hope so. We always tell each other everything.''

''See? He'd tell you'' Kurapika said, trying to convince you and even himself that nothing is wrong with him. Since Azami and you had been friends for the longest time Kurapika has known him for a long time as well. He knew Azami used to get sick very often, but only a cold, nothing serious.

''Wanna come to my place?'' he asked and you looked up to meet his gaze, ''Rin won't be home until tomorrow evening. So, don't worry. It's safe.'' He joked.

You chuckled to yourself, ''sure. Why not.''

°•. ✿ .•°

You got into the bed that Kurapika and Rin share. It made you feel incredibly weird, but you were too tired to think too much about it. You snuggled into the blankets and saw Kurapika walk into the bedroom.

''Wish we could do this every night,'' he breathed out and scratched the back of his head. It gave you mixed emotions. You had him back, which is something you've wanted for literal years. But he was still engaged to your sister. You laid in a bed which they shared. Nevermind, you weren't too tired to think about it.

You hummed and closed your eyes. You felt his warm body hit your back and he nuzzled his face in the crook of your neck. You giggled softly and slowly started to drift away into a deep sleep.

Hoping everything will be okay.