Oi

✯¸

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ Twenty nine ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

You hum as you walk to the big bookshelf in your living room, rummaging through some books, you finally found what you were looking for. You carefully took the big black book out of the shelf and sat yourself down on the sofa with the book on your lap. ''Come,'' you waved, signalling Kurapika to sit down next to you. He, who had been watching what you were trying to find nodded and walked over to you. He takes the seat next to you and leans his head over your shoulder to get a better look. You opened it, having to hold the cover with both hands considering the weight of it.

''Do you remember this?'' you ask and point to the photo of you two together, holding hands and smiling into the camera. It was a photobook full of photos you had collected from your time with Kurapika. You thought it would be a nice present to him when you two were still together.

''I do remember that,'' he smiled and kissed your cheek lovingly, resting his arm over your shoulder. You flicked through the pages, smiling and pointing at some ridiculous photos the both of you had taken years ago. It brought back a lot of memories, happy memories.

''And this party, do you remember that?'' you laughed at the sudden flashbacks going through your mind as you stare at the picture taken at a party. Kurapika's eyes widen and his lips curl up into a sly smile.

''Of course, I do! I fell so hard. You're not supposed to laugh at that,'' he chuckled and pulled your body closer to his, planting another kiss on top of your head this time. Kurapika was very, very drunk at the party and when going back home, he fell from his bike purely because he was confused about the direction he had to go.

''Oh, and this?'' you chirped, a smirk forming on your face when you flicked through the pages, trying to find your best to find the picture you were looking for. You pointed at it and Kurapika's eyes widen. ''It's the first picture we took with Azami!''

''His hair...'' Kurapika mumbled as he pointed at Azami and shifted his eyes to yours, ''the short hair!''

''Yeah, he looks so different!'' you smile, eyes glued to the picture in the book on your lap. ''Speaking of Azami, do you remember when you wanted to make ramen for yourself and he unplugged the electric kettle?''

''I do,'' Kurapika nodded, cracking a smile as he thought back to the memory, ''he unplugged it because his game controller was dead, he wanted to charge it but forget to take his charger out.''

''Yes!'' you laughed, ''you didn't notice it first and got so upset with him!''

''Of course, I was!'' Kurapika sighed, flicking through the pages. He obviously had never seen— or forgotten about all of these photos. Looking back at them made him almost feel envious, jealous of how perfect things seemed to be back then. ''Do you still have your camera?'' he asked.

''No,'' you pouted, ''I sold it to get money for a phone...'' you sighed and closed the photobook, placing it on the coffee table in front of you and repositioning yourself so your legs were on the sofa too now. You held your knees close to your chest, thinking about the time you moved away from your hometown.

''It's funny how everything could have been different if we just had the money for phones back then.''

''I did,'' Kurapika admitted, ''but you didn't and your father wasn't the kind of person who was going to lend you some money for a phone.''

''True. I only got a phone when I started getting a job in Tokyo and sold my camera. Imagine if I had money sooner and had a phone back then, nothing would have happened.''

''True.''

''It's unfair how easily this could have been avoided if we had made different choices,'' you sigh, snuggling your face into the blanket that you had wrapped around your body now, suddenly feeling cold. ''It's just unfair,'' you slowly shook your head and exhaled loudly.

''But in the end, everything will be okay, baby. I promise. Everything is going to turn out just fine,'' Kurapika said. His tone made it clear how serious he was and he noticed your sadness, pulling your body closer to his, your head laying on his lap. He adjusted the blanket so it covered your whole body, not wanting a part uncovered. He ran his fingers through your hair and whispered sweet words while you were biting on your bottom lip, trying to block all of the negative thoughts going through your mind.

It is going to be okay.

Everything is going to turn out just fine.

Is what you tried to convince yourself. It was about time that everything was going to get better, but after all the drama and all the bad luck you had been receiving, it was difficult to believe yourself. It was difficult to believe Kurapika. But you tried.

''Hey,'' Kurapika breathed out, resting his hand on top of your head after ruffling your hair softly, trying not to make it too messy. ''Don't overthink too much.''

''Hmmm,'' you whined, covering your face with your blanket, causing Kurapika to chuckle sweetly, ''it's difficult! But I'll try. It's going to be okay.''

''Exactly,'' he replied, removing the blanket from your face and kissing your lips softly. ''I love you. Only you,'' he whispered and you could feel his breath hitting your lips. You opened your eyes and locked your gaze with his. His dreamy eyes stared into yours and you swore you could see the love in them. You smiled to him, taking a deep breath, ready to say it back but get caught off guard when hearing someone knock on the door.

Rin's name was the first thing that went through your head.

''Who could it be?'' Kurapika said and your heart sunk to the floor. Anxiety hit your body and you gulped, trying to stay calm. ''I don't know,'' you said casually, but inside you were dying. Afraid of it being Rin with proof.

You took a deep breath and open the door. You met his dark blue eyes. His thick wavy black hair, half of it down and half of it up like usual. Now with two braids connected into a small ponytail. The boyish smirk was plastered on his face and he chuckled deeply.

''Oi.''