Do this

✯¸

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ Thirty three ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

''Yeah. She's loved me even when we were dating,'' Kurapika sighs and we start walking again, ''she told me when we were drunk ... that's the only thing she admitted. Though, It could just be another lie.''

''But...'' you whisper, letting your limbs fall weakly as your eyes shift to the ground, ''she always told me she wasn't interested in you— she even said you were a weirdo! I don't get it ... I don't understand any of this.'' You swallow thickly as you bite your bottom lip. You didn't understand why it was affecting you so much, but it made you feel angry and even a little jealous maybe.

She went for him the second she got the chance.

''I'm sorry,'' Kurapika suddenly said and you felt two warm hands on your cheeks, lifting your head to face him. he smiled weakly, sadness obvious in his eyes as he plants a soft kiss on top of your head, pulling you close to his body. You felt his arms wrap around your fragile body and you hugged him back, nuzzling your face into his chest.

''I'm so sorry. I am so sorry,'' he repeated his words around a hundred times, his voice and breath trembling as he tightens his grip around you. ''I'm such an idiot,'' he let out a breathy laugh, inhaling deeply before pushing you away from him a little while still holding onto your arms, ''I should have never listened to Rin.''

''Kurapika...'' you spoke quietly, tears welling up into your eyes when seeing his glossy eyes, ''you didn't know... you didn't know any of this. You thought I was a bad person because that's what Rin wanted you to think of me. She knew that she wouldn't have a chance if you thought better of me.''

''Shit,'' he shot his head up, looking up into the sky as little snowflakes fell down onto his smooth skin, ''you're not even the kind of person who would do those things. Why did I even believe her?''

You didn't know what to say to that. ''I just want to have a happy end with you, Y/N. I'm sorry for making everything so difficult,'' he sighs, resting his forehead against yours and letting a few bottled up tears fall down his cheeks. He's been trying his best not to cry and show his weakness. He didn't want to come off as a whiner, but at this point, it didn't matter anymore.

''It's not your fault ... mainly. Kurapika, we all make mistakes. I'm not going to hold a grudge against you forever... you realise the mistakes you've made and apologised; that's enough for me. I have made mistakes too, in this whole situation I've made plenty of mistakes and it's okay.''

You both kept silent for a few minutes, a kind of silence that was so painfully loud. Your heart ached because of Kurapika's silent sobs and tears falling onto his cheeks. You wanted that happy end too, you wanted it so badly.

''Just promise me one thing, Kurapika.''

''I'll promise you anything, no matter what it is.''

''Really? That's pretty risky, Kurta,'' you giggled, caressing his cheek lovingly with the palm of your hand. You stared into his eyes and thought of the right words to say to him. He waited patiently before wiping the tears away and you cleared your throat, ''promise me you'll stay with me even if Rin turns out to be pregnant.''

''But she's not.''

''Just... just promise me. Please?''

He closed his eyes and nodded as he did so, taking in a deep, ragged breath before exhaling loudly. ''I promise, Y/N. I'm staying with you. No matter what,'' he whispered, pulling your body close to his again. His warmth engulfed you, the winter breeze and snow not affecting you anymore.

The sun broke through the gloomy clouds and you stared up into the sky, squinting your eyes because of the bright sunlight. Maybe it was a sign. A sign of better, happier and brighter days coming your way, at least that's what you were hoping.

''We should go home... I'm getting cold and the sun is setting already,'' you whispered before nibbling on your bottom lip.

''Alright. Should we pick up some take out?'' Kurapika suggested, ''Mcdonald's?''

°•. ✿ .•°

You unlocked the door to your apartment and Kurapika followed behind. All of the lights were off, including the tv. You narrowed your eyes a little and the scene of Azami scaring you a little while ago played in front of your eyes. ''Pika,'' you hissed, ''be aware. Azami will scare us.''

''I doubt it,'' Kurapika whispers back as he walks past you into the room. He places the bag full of food from Mcdonalds down on your dining table and clicks on a little light. You tilt your head as you step inside of your home and cross your arms in front of your chest. You look at Kurapika who points at the person laying on the sofa.

Azami.

He was curled up into a ball with about two blankets covering most of his body. His hair was covering most of his face while his game controlled laid beside him. You stepped forward, making your way to the sleeping boy. His lips were slightly parted and you smiled and so did Kurapika.

You and Kurapika both knew Azami had trouble sleeping. He either slept a lot or he didn't sleep at all, it always fluctuated between sleeping or not sleeping. He complained about it a lot because he either missed days or was too tired to do anything and you knew it bothered him.

You turned your head to face Kurapika and just when you were about to turn around and walk over to the blonde boy, you felt a hand grabbing your arm. ''WAH!'' Azami yelled as he sat up. You yanked your arm out of his grip, ''FUCK!''

''AZAMI!'' Kurapika yelled, also caught off guard by him, but he laughed right after. ''You are insane,'' he laughs, covering his head in his hands as he shakes his head in embarrassment. Azami laughed loudly, hiding his face under his blankets.

You balled your fists and whined, ''I knew you were going to do this!''