I have proof

✯¸

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ Thirty five ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

It has been a few days since Rin came to your apartment, uninvited as usual, but that wasn't what mattered. It was the fact that she hasn't said a word to you or Kurapika even though she said she had a doctors appointment the next day, to get an ultrasound and show Kurapika the proof of her pregnancy. But she hadn't left a message to anyone, it was like she had completely disappeared.

''Well, I guess we can conclude that her pregnancy was fake after all,'' Kurapika sighed as he handed you over a cup of hot tea, steam coming from the cup and you took a deep breath. ''Mhm, I suppose,'' you hummed. The anxious feeling hadn't left your body and for some reason, all of it felt off.

Kurapika's words flew through your mind, ''What if she doesn't show me proof anymore if she is pregnant? Then what?'' you scratched the top of your head and took a sip of the tea, burning your lip and you hissed.

What if it was true? What if she's pregnant, but doesn't tell Kurapika and you. But that wouldn't be like her, right? She'd want to rub it in. She'd want you to be jealous and she'd want you to break down in front of her.

It fed her ego.

She wanted to feel like she was better. She wanted to feel like in every way, she was better than you. And she wanted to have things you desperately wanted, but couldn't have. So, it wasn't like her to hide this. Thus, it was likely she was faking all of it.

''She's not pregnant,'' you whisper as you stare off into the distance. You desperately wanted to believe yourself and try to cast away the anxious feeling that was eating you alive, but you couldn't. You had been restless, uneasy and nervous for the past few days. You wanted confirmation. You wanted reassurance to silence your emotions.

''Hmm, what's bothering you?'' Azami hums as he leans his head on the palm of his hands, his hand covering half of his mouth. Kurapika nodded, rubbing your back lovingly as he kisses the top of your head. Azami's eyes soften as he stares into yours, noticing the anxious vibe you give off.

''Is it because of Rin?'' Kurapika asks and you nod. ''I don't want to talk about it. It's like all we can talk about is Rin... I'm sick of hearing her name,'' you admit and place two hands on the side of your head, squishing your face slightly.

''But you shouldn't carry your problems on your own,'' Azami gives you a sly smile and narrows his eyes a little. You pout, holding your hands together and leaning on them. You looked over at Kurapika, who cleared his throat, ''I agree. Be honest to us, Y/N.''

''Remember what you told me a few days ago, Pika?'' you started, ''you told me Rin might not show you any proof anymore and just keep the baby hidden from you... what if that's what she's doing right now? What if she already has proof, but simply doesn't want to show it anymore?''

Kurapika and Azami both kept quiet, thinking of what to reply because they knew you could be right. It was something Rin would most likely do. ''This might be a stupid idea, but you could visit her in like a year or something,'' Azami suddenly suggested, ''she must've given birth to the baby by then and then you could confront her... or whatever you want to do, no?''

You and Kurapika both stared at Azami, who is still looked into your eyes. ''Yeah... maybe...'' you say slowly, causing Azami to raise his brows at you. ''It just makes me feel anxious, you know,'' you sigh as you hide your head in your hands.

''Angel, it's going to be okay,'' Kurapika says, gingerly touching your cheeks as he plants a soft kiss on top of your head, ''I'm going to be here. I will stay by your side forever.''

''Me too,'' Azami mumbles, ''I'm here if anything happens and if there's something I can do to help then tell me. I-If I'm not busy gaming... of course. Aha, I'm joking,'' he says awkwardly. He could be the worst at letting you know he was there for you, but you knew he was just one call away.

It made you feel a little better, getting reassurance and comfort from the two people you cared about most. It made you feel safe you could rely on them a little and know they will be here for you. The thing that helped you the most had to be Kurapika letting you know he will stay by your side forever.

It still didn't sit right with you. The things Kurapika told you. You understood that because of Rin's manipulation, Kurapika probably didn't know what was real and what was not. He probably also had a difficult time telling you everything, because Rin would always stop him. He slowly started to realise his relationship with her was based on lies and manipulation. Rin had damaged parts of the man you love and it started to hurt you.

But you still didn't know all the things Rin has done and you weren't sure if Kurapika was telling you the actual truth— or the truth Rin wanted him to believe. You wanted to trust him so badly, but a part of you couldn't, which made everything about the situation even worse.

You sighed as you took Kurapika's hand in yours, squeezing it softly before looking up and kissing him softly on the lips. ''I love you,'' you mutter into his ear and you heard a soft chuckle leave his lips. ''I love you more,'' he sighs, wrapping his arms around your body, embracing you.

He looked into your eyes as he let go of you, his hands gently on your cheeks as if he was afraid you would crumble if he pressed too hard. He smiled weakly before letting go of you and walking to the kitchen, preparing some food for the three of you.

''It's going to be ok—'' Azami started but his sentence got cut off by someone knocking on your door. You looked from Azami to Kurapika, who both raised their brows and stared at you in shock. You had a bad feeling about this and you knew this couldn't be any good. It just couldn't be, it was like a gut feeling.

''It... It can't be Rin, right?'' your voice trembles as you watch Kurapika walk to the door, taking in a deep breath before opening it. Your heart dropped to the floor and shattered into pieces when you saw your sister standing in the door frame, wearing a malicious grin on her face.

She cleared her throat as she sassily put her hand on her hip and held out something you couldn't see as tears started to blur your vision. She chuckled softly before caressing Kurapika's cheek, ''honey, I have proof.''

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

:)