Thoughts

✯¸

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ Thirty seven ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

The sun had slowly set and you laid on your side on the couch, a thick blanket wrapped around your body as you stared outside. The only reason you could see anything was because of the moon and street lamps lighting up the road.

It was raining. The waterdrops were hitting the window and the sound of it soothed the anxious feeling a little. You were afraid of what was going to happen and you tried your best to ease your mind, but with no success. You couldn't stop thinking about the situation, obviously. It was normal.

You checked your phone every now and then, hoping you'd see a text or a missed call from Kurapika, but he had been silent the whole day. You were afraid of losing him again. You quickly fluttered your lashes, blinking away the tears that started to prickle your eyes. You didn't want to keep crying, it gave you a horrible headache and didn't help anyone or anything.

You sighed as you checked your phone again, disappointed to see no notifications other than some from social media. The bad feeling lingering inside of your body wouldn't go away and it was frustrating, feeling bad without being able to do anything about it.

''Hey,'' Azami spoke as he entered the living room. His hair and coat were soaked, water droplets dribbling from his hair and down his face. He held a paper bag on his arm and held two big paper cups. ''I got you some food,'' he tried, plopping down next to you after taking off his coat and placing the bag and the two cups on the coffee table.

''I'm not hungry.''

''You're not?''

''No, but thank you though.''

Azami hummed, raising the bottom of his sweater a little to dry his face and ruffle his hair, getting most of the wetness out of it. ''You need to eat though, Y/N,'' he tried, ''I know eating can be difficult when you don't feel good, but you need to get some food in your stomach.''

''It's okay, Azami,'' you groaned, avoiding eye contact with the boy next to you, pulling the blanket over your nose. Azami nodded, opening the bag and getting his own meal out of it, ''alright... I suppose you can eat later. Do you wanna play a game with me? Maybe it can distract you from the things you're feeling and thinking.''

You contemplated for a second, the offer was kind and he was right, it could take your mind off things for a bit. ''It's okay if you don't want to. I can understand you're afraid of losing,'' he teased, raising one eyebrow as he wore a boyish grin.

You sat up straight, pulling up your blanket that had fallen a little as you repositioned yourself. You played with the soft fabric until you suddenly blurted out an apology.

''Huh?'' Azami quirked his brows whilst narrowing his eyes at you, confused why you would suddenly apologise to him. ''I'm sorry for talking about Kurapika all the time, especially when you were at the hospital back then,'' you said.

You wanted to repeat the sentence, but quickly got stopped by a lot of 'no's' and Azami waving his hands in front of you. ''I heard what you said, but I don't understand why you're apologising. I was happy to help you back then and I was glad you didn't talk about me. I was tired of answering everyone's questions about my health and tired of talking about it nonstop. So, I was glad to be able to help you with your problem. Although, I don't think I was a very big help.''

''You were,'' you said and he smiled.

''But damn!'' he suddenly spoke, ''when Rin came I was about to kill Yuki and her! Why did he even ask her to come to visit me? Doesn't everyone know Rin doesn't like me?''

You couldn't help but crack a smile. It has always been obvious how Rin doesn't like Azami and everyone knew she didn't. You took the paper cup and the bag of food off the coffee table, deciding to eat something as you started to get a little hungry.

''Everything is going to be alright.''

''Mhm,'' you hummed, taking a bite of the burger Azami had bought you, ''I hope so. I want to trust Kurapika, but I don't trust Rin.''

''Are you afraid of her manipulating him again?''

''Yep,'' you nod before sighing loudly, ''she has done it before, it won't surprise me if she'll do it again. If she turns out pregnant and if Pika turns out to be the father, she'll probably manipulate him into staying with her.''

''Didn't she say the pregnancy was the only way to make him stay?'' Azami asked, tilting his head slightly to the side as he kept looking at the bag next to you. Your eyes widened as you swallow thickly, gazing at Azami whilst his eyes were still fixated on the brown bag.

''Take my fries, I know you want them,'' you roll your eyes playfully and Azami's lips curl up into a big smile as he quickly snatches the bag away from you, taking the fries out of it and starts eating. ''You don't think she got herself pregnant so Kurapika would stay with her, right?'' you ask Azami, the words leaving your lips slowly.

''Eh— I don't think so,'' he coughed, ''she must have done it before the two of you saw each other again, right? Or maybe they did it when you saw Kurapika, but weren't you know, messing around with each other yet. Either way, it wouldn't surprise me.''

''Me neither,'' you mumble, finishing the burger and decided to watch Azami play games for the rest of the night. Once the clock struck midnight, you decided to go to bed, wanting this day to be over already.

Kurapika still hadn't said a word to you. You sighed as you laid in bed, putting your phone away and looking up at the ceiling. ''A simple; everything is going to be okay, would've been nice,'' you whisper to yourself as you close your eyes, not reading the incoming text from Leorio.

''I'm sorry.'' he wrote.

Kurapika will stay with me, you kept repeating to yourself as you rolled over onto your side. You pulled your blanket over your body, repeating the same words over and over again and you faded into sleep thinking such thoughts.