Show me proof

To the girl who was crying because of Rin's pregnancy; I'm sorry and I hope you're okay <3 LOL

This book has grown SO MUCH in just one day. This is so crazy. I had to turn off my notification's yesterday because of it. Cheesy but; it's like a dream come true lol. I love writing this book so much and it getting so much attention feels like my hard work is being paid off, you know? Thank you so much. I hope you're enjoying Flower Girl!

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ Twenty Two ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

He took in a sharp breath as he slowly took the keys of his home out of his pocket. He searched for the right one, his hands shaking from stress already. He unlocked his door and stepped inside the dark living room. ''Rin was home right?'' he whispered to himself, suddenly not sure if she went home or not. They hadn't talked much about where they were going to go after the funeral. He only asked if it was okay to go with you, and she didn't mind.

He turned on the lights, not seeing anyone in the room. ''Did she go with her mother?'' he asked himself as he threw his keys on the coffee table. He scratched the back of his head until he felt someone kiss his back, he gasped and turned around quickly, completely caught off guard.

''So you are home,'' Kurapika whispered with widened eyes as he was still startled from Rin's sudden appearance. Rin smiled at him before kissing his lips, Kurapika not kissing back. She knit her brows together in the slightest as a confused smile was on her face, but she brushed it off quickly.

''I'm glad you're home,'' she said slowly, drawing circles on Kurapika's chest. She licked her bottom lip and went for his neck. She kissed his skin as she moved her hands under his sweater, feeling his abs.

''Rin, please. Not now,'' he groaned frustratingly and pushed her away gently. Rin looked surprised, ''but we haven't done it in a while'' she pouted.

''Okay, anyway,'' Kurapika cleared his throat awkwardly, ''I need to talk to you.''

''About what?''

''Let's sit down,'' he tried to stall the confrontation for as long as possible. He wasn't excited to do this, of course. They both sat down on the and Rin tried to cuddle up to him, but he stopped her. ''This is something serious, Rin. Please.''

''Okay... what, you cheated again?'' she deadpanned and laughed right after, ''I'm joking, I'm joking. You wouldn't do that right, Pika? You wouldn't do that to me and... your son.''

''My son?'' Kurapika whispered, the corners of his lips dropping immediately. He gulped before clenching his jaw. 'No. She is lying. She's trying to guilt-trip me. It's not real, she's not pregnant.' Kurapika kept repeating the same words over and over in his mind. Trying his best to convince himself that everything Rin was saying about the pregnancy is fake.

''Yes. We're having a sweet baby boy.''

''No.''

''No?''

''I don't believe you,'' he spoke, shutting his eyes tight and balling his fists on his knees. He tried his best to stay confident and not back out of the confrontation. ''I can't be with you Rin.''

''.....'' Rin kept silent as tears started to build up in her eyes. Kurapika sighed and looked at her, his heart somewhat breaking seeing her on the verge of crying. ''I don't believe you're pregnant,'' he admitted.

Imagine your own fiancé not believing your pregnancy. Her heart broke in her chest and rage and disbelieve engulfed her. She clenched her jaw, ''Why don't you believe me?'' she said through gritted teeth, knitting her brows together and squinting her blue eyes.

''Show me proof then.''

''What? What the hell do I show you, idiot?!'' Rin cursed as she balled her fist as well, slapping her thighs as tears were now streaming down her cheeks.

''An ultrasound,'' he breathed out, ''show me one and I'll believe you. It shouldn't be difficult since you know we're going to have a son. You must have some proof right?''

''Will you stay with me if I show you one?'' she questioned and her voice was shaking. Kurapika stopped breathing for a second, not knowing what to answer. He didn't want to stay with her, even if she was pregnant or not. But he couldn't tell her yet. He couldn't tell her he was going to leave her, not before seeing proof of her pregnancy.

''Nevermind, don't answer that,'' she suddenly said and Kurapika looked away. ''I'll show you the ultrasound. Just ... please don't leave me. I love you. I can't do this without you... and our son needs a father, Kurapika.''

Kurapika swallowed thickly and closed his eyes again before standing up and decided to ignore her altogether, ''I'm going to pack my things. Call me when you have proof.''

''W-Where are you staying? Don't tell me you're going to stay with my whore of a sister!'' she spat out and stood up. Kurapika looked at her belly, trying to convince himself it hasn't grown as much as he could.

''Don't call her that, Rin. Just don't'' Kurapika sneered, growing angry with the woman in front of him, ''Yes, I am staying with her. Because she has always been honest with me and is trying her best to fight for me right now.''

''Because she enjoys stealing shit from others! The girl's never been through bad shit and now suddenly she is the one we need to pity?''

''What are you talking about?'' Kurapika frowned at her and put one arm over the other in front of his chest, waiting for her to answer his question. She took in a deep breath, getting ready to talk down on you.

''Why is she the one who gets to end with you, Kurapika? You proposed to me and the second she walks into your life again, suddenly you don't care for me anymore? Why did you decide to date me in the first place if you knew I'm her—''

''Because you lied, again, Rin. For fucks sake, you told me she fucking cheated on me! You told me she cheated on me with multiple men and women and said that was the reason she stopped writing to me! Because she was 'busy with other people' you said!''

''Y-Yeah well, I thought she cheated on you. She was spending so much time with that scum Azami—''

''He is her best friend Rin. Besides that, the scum here is you. Don't you see all this lying has not brought you anywhere?!'' he yelled at her, not being able to stay calm any longer, ''I can't look at you the same way anymore!''

''I am SORRY!'' she cried out, covering her puffy red, crying eyes with her hands, ''I am so sorry for messing up! I am begging you to forgive me. Nobody is thinking about my feelings. It's all about Y/N! She always gets what she wants. She deserves to feel like shit right now!''

''Bye, Rin,'' Kurapika told her, grabbing his things together and swinging the bag on his shoulder, ''goodbye, you know what to do and I don't want to hear a word form you before you can show me proof.''