The love of your life

✯¸

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ Thirty six ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

''Honey, I have proof.''

You didn't know what to say and how to react. All sorts of feelings and thoughts came crashing into your mind, leaving you speechless as tears started to burn into your eyes. It felt like your world collapsed in front of you. Insecurity voiding your mind as you stared at the girl with the biggest grin on her face.

You couldn't believe it. You didn't want to.

Although Kurapika promised you he'd stay with you, you weren't sure about it. You didn't know what to think and didn't know what to trust. You felt your tears falling onto your cheeks and a tight grip formed around your arm soon after. You faced Azami, who looked at you with worry and gloomy eyes.

''W-Why...'' you mumbled. Why did this happen? You knew it would one day. For some reason, you knew Rin would come back with some sort of proof and you found yourself trying to make yourself believe a truth that didn't exist. In the past few days, you had tried to make yourself believe Rin's pregnancy was fake. You wanted to believe it so badly to get the happy ending you were longing for and you saw it break apart right in front of you.

''Kurapika is going to stay with you, Y/N,'' Azami whispered, wiping away the tears that had fallen onto your cheeks with his thumb, ''he promised you. Please...'' the grip on your arm softened before he wrapped his arm around your shoulder, pulling you closer to his body ever so gently, almost as if he was afraid of breaking you.

You felt embarrassed, hurt and afraid. Embarrassed of crying, hurt because of the pregnancy being real and afraid because of the thought of Kurapika leaving you.

For some reason, you couldn't hate your sister. Maybe it was because the two of you are family or maybe its because the two of you used to actually like each other. She was pregnant and the father is the love of your life. You couldn't think straight, too many thoughts going through your mind.

It was unfair... all of it. You knew you had made mistakes and you knew you didn't do things right in the situation. In the heat of the moment you did things you regretted, you acted on your emotions.

When you saw Kurapika back then you didn't know what to feel or think. You didn't want to mess up everything and you weren't planning on breaking them apart. You had tried to keep your distance from him back then, but when he kissed you... all of your feelings came back. Even though it had been nine years, just one kiss was powerful enough to make all those feelings you felt all those years ago come back. You didn't want to let him go. You had never been ready to let him go.

The fact that everything could've been avoided easily too. If you had done a little more to get in contact with him again then maybe it would be you carrying his baby. but the damage had been done. Things had been said and you couldn't go back in time to fix it.