Chapter 33

Daniel's pov

'What is it dad?' I asked him.

'Uncle.....' Layla started saying but then stopped. I looked at her and she looked back at me. 'Son I don't know how to say this.'

'It's okay dad anything for our safety and layla's' I said to him.

'Marry her.' He said looking right at me and layla gasped. I was in a state of shock.

'Marry layla?' I asked him in a whisper. I was not able to find my voice. I looked at layla who was still in a state of shock.

'BUT why dad? Marriage?' I asked him. 'I wouldn't have pressured you but this seems like the only option.

I will explain why, we are able to protect ourselves because of our status, let's face it. Hendrix still has some fear in his mind because of our name and the power we carry with it. Layla to him is just my friend's daughter and now your girlfriend. She is still a pawn for him. A pawn with millions of dollars but still a pawn. If she joins her name with our family and becomes your wife she will have a safety net over her. Besides that we will be able to provide her with protection and everyone will take it seriously. The security officers, wherever we go. Marriage is important for this reason. I would have never pressured you but  under these circumstances you and layla need to marry each other.' my dad said.

Layla had a shocked expression on her face and so did I. I love her, I want her to be safe but....

'Layla?' my father said and she looked up at him. 'I know my son has been a bit irresponsible on the past but I will say what I said while handing you that bracelet. I have looked in his eyes and as a father I can tell you that he loves you. His eyes, his body language speaks when he is around you. That say at the party I could tell that as well, actually long before that. My son loves you and I know that he will keep you happy.' my father said. 'I know given the circumstances you have to marry him but you will not regret it. At all.' my father said. 'This is for your safety honey. You are like my pen daughter and I want to do anything I can to keep you safe.' He said.

'There is nothing more in this world that I want than to have you as my daughter in law, actually my daughter.' He said. Tears welled up in layla's eyes and my dad cane forward to hug her and she hugged him back. My father looked at me and I got up immedietly.

'I will ask you only one question and I need you to answer it truthfully.' He said. I nodded. 'Do you love layla?' he asked.

I looked at layla and my heart melted. This question. I love her, with my whole life, my whole being and I want to spend the rest of my life with her but....

I gathered my courage and looked at dad, 'I love her dad. I love her a lot, more than a lot. She means the world to me.' I said and every word was sincere and the absolute truth.

Layla looked at me and I knew she was also remembering the say I had told her about my feelings. All I really want is your love. I love you Layla. Be mine. I will do whatever it takes to make you happy.

The words rang in his ears and the painful reminder of what happened next made him sad. If it was not for his dad standing in front of him then tears would have come in his eyes.

'I love you layla.' his heart said over and over again.

'It's settled then. Daniel, layla, we will have to get you two married as soon as possible.' my dad said. The office phone rang and it was our housekeeper calling through intercom to tell him that someone from dad's work had visited for something important

'I will accompany you.' I said. 'No you stay here, I will handle it. I will be right back.' my dad said leaving me and layla alone.

Both of us stared at each other not able to say a word.