Flying Solo

I looked at Julie and everyone just looked confused "Hey, where did the rest of the band go?" "Wait, we're those holograms?" Kayla asked and Julie smiled. "Yes! Yes, they were holograms." She said and I chuckled "I helped her Plug it into the ceiling projector before the show." "Yes. Yeah, I'd explain it, but it involves algorithms and science stuff." Julie said and everyone cheered and I saw the boys on the side of the crowd and Reggie did some dance which made me laugh, I turned to see Carrie glare at us and I walked over to her as Principal Lessa told everyone to go back to class "Hey, Carrie. Wait up!" "What was that, Alex?" Carrie asked and I sighed "Look, I was just helping Julie get back into the program." I told her and she rolled her eyes "But you're apart of Dirty Candy, now. Julie lost her chance. It's time you start thinking of you, what do you want?" Carrie told me and I looked at Julie and Flynn then back to Carrie "What I want is us all to be friends again." "Julie, isn't a friend." Carrie said and walked away. "Carrie, Wait!" I yelled for her but she walked out of the gym with Kayla, I sighed then walked over to Flynn and Julie.

"Why did you keep those boys a secret?" Flynn asked and Julie smiled "There's a reason for that. It's just... really crazy." "Oh, I'm all about crazy. Let's hear it." Flynn told us and I frowned "Oh, ok. They're... from Sweden.... Turns out they they're not only great at making meatballs but also great at making music. Yeah, so they play there, I stream them here, we play together, they leave, then that's it. Anyway, who's excited that I'm back in the music program?" Julie asked and I raised my hand and smiled. "I am!" Flynn frowned and tilted her head "Jules, are you lying to me?" She asked and Julie sighed "Yeah, yeah I'm lying." "Since when do we lie to each other?" Flynn asked and Julie sighed "Flynn, I'm sorry." She said and I looked between the two girls. "I'm sorry"? That's all you've got?" Flynn said and I turned to her "Look Flynn..." "No, you have no room to say anything, Why didn't you tell me you were performing with Dirty Candy?" She asked and I sighed "I-" "No, you know what? Just forget it." Flynn muttered then walked away "Wait, Flynn. Wait, no! Come... wait. Come on." "Flynn!" Me and Julie yelled and we ran after her but we were stopped by some of our friends and Nick "It's true! That was incredible!" "It was way better when you cried and ran out." Carrie said walking up to us and I sighed "Hey, uh... maybe we should... get to science." "Uh, yeah, then maybe you can study the chemical properties of manners or something." Julie backfired and I looked at the ground. "Was that suppose to be a comeback? Wow." "Wow yourself." Julie muttered and Carrie smirked "Another winner." she tilted her head then walked away, I sighed then looked to Julie "I think you should leave the comebacks to Flynn... if she ever talks to us again." I told Julie and we went to class but the boys were in the middle of the hall which made us jump "Julie! Alexandria!" "Ah!" I yelled and Julie sighed "Stop doing that! I'm serious." Julie told them and Reggie frowned "Whoa! This one's all on you two. We were already here. Well, actually, we were over there, and then we came over here." "Are we not gonna talk about what happened?" Luke interrupted him and I nodded. "Yeah, the whole school saw you. It's kinda freaking me out." Julie said and Alex nodded "OK, good, 'cause it's kinda freaking me out too. You know you can see us, and people could see us whenever we play music. And my clothes are made of air but for some reason, I'm still getting a wedgie." Alex said which made us all frowned "So many questions." "I know right!" I agreed with Alex and Luke nodded "The important thing is that we rocked that place. They were loving you guys." "Are you kidding? They loved us. That was a great song, Luke. Thanks." Julie told Luke which made him smile, but Reggie looked between us "And did you guys see the cheerleaders looking at me? I think they were looking at me. Please tell me they were." Reggie said and I rolled my eyes as the others chuckled.

"Bro, They were totally looking at you." "Oh I knew it." Reggie squealed and I chuckled "I'm so... I'm so confused, you know? The afterlife should come with instructions or a quick start guide or something." Alex said and I sighed "Well, the good thing is that everyone thought you guys were holograms..." "And I got back into the program." Julie added and we both looked to the ground. "Why do you guys looked so bummed?" "Yeah, dude, you guys are making this face." Luke said and the boys all gave us sad puppy eyes which I sighed "I don't make that face!" "That... is not my face." Me and Julie said and they smirked "It's your face." "Things just got weird between me, Alexandria and Flynn." Julie said and I sighed "Tell me about it, Carrie got mad at me for performing with someone other than her." I told them and Julie sighed "Flynn asked about you guys, and I couldn't say." "Sweet girls are already asking about us." Reggie said and I rolled my eyes. "Stop, I'm serious. I can't tell her about you guys for the same reason I can't tell my dad. She'll think we've gone off the deep end." Julie said and the janitor came walking down the hallway looking at me and Julie weird, I cleared my throat "This dude definitely thinks you guys have gone off the deep end." Reggie said and I held up my phone "Reading our lines for a play..." I smiled and he walked away but I turned around "I'm not crazy!" I yelled and he was gone.