Chapter 9: Dragon Flower

I'm hanging out with Astrid when I hear Bucket call, "Trader Johann!"

Villagers run from everywhere to grab things to trade. Johann always accepts a quiver of arrows from me. I'm one of the few vikings who still uses bows and arrows. Vision flies me to the house and I grab my newest batches of arrows. These ones are tipped with Nader spikes instead of the average metal arrowhead. I nab a few quivers and Vision flies me down to Trader Johann's ship. Just as I land, Dad says,

"--I'll be back in 2, thanks to Thornado." Thornado gives a roar in response.

"Oh, so you finally named him. Thornado, huh?" Hiccup says. The Thunderdrum roars at his name again.

"That's right. It's because he has the power of Thor and the ferocity of a tornado. And besides, it's the only thing he'll listen to. Turns out he can be quite stubborn." Dad says.

Hiccup mumbles something and Dad says, "Up, Thornado." and he flies away.

"Ahhh, men riding dragons. What a magnificent sight." Johann says.

"Men aren't the only ones who can ride dragons." I say from Vision's back.

"Quite right you are, Mistress Nara. What can I get for you?" Trader Johann says.

"Well I have the most rare arrows I've ever made. Their tips are made from fresh Nadder spikes. What can I get for that?"

"Ahhh I have this lovely necklace. The cord was made from the hairs of many wild animals. Yak, boar, wolf, bear, vikings, and many more. I have yet to place any jewelry on it, save for this blue diamond, which I've wrapped in golden lining. I recovered the diamond and gold from deep within a sunken ship which had been uncovered as I was wrestling the squid for Master Hiccup's new bottle of ink." Johann says.

"I'll take it." I say and hand over 1 quiver. I take the necklace and I feel all over it. I feel the different hairs coiled into a tight cord and the precious gem wrapped in the equally precious metal. I quickly hide it before Astrid sees. I need something for Astrid and I's 1st monthiversary, which is in a few days.

I hear the unpleasant Mildew walking towards us, so I ask Johann something, just to make Mildew wait.

"That's great, Johann. Anything else?" I say. I smirk in Mildew's direction and besides, I've been looking into our future and I decided that I must get her a birthday gift. It must be perfect. So I have to start working on it now.

"Let me see." He takes a few minutes but comes back with something. "Ah yes, the Dagger of the Valkyrie. This dagger has been through many wars and is said to have been used by Odin's Chief Valkyrie before she lost it in a fight against the frost giants." Johann says. I take the knife and use my years of being in the forge to use. I feel the handle and the blade. It's been recently sharpened, well polished, not too large, nor too brittle. It was perfect. Designed for throwing and melee combat.

I hand him another quiver, thank him and fly off to home. I hide the necklace and start wrapping the dagger. If it were someone like Hiccup wrapping how I want it to be wrapped, it would take an hour or 2. Me being me, it took a good 4 hours before I was satisfied. I hide the Dagger of the Valkyrie and hop on Vision to find Astrid. I hear a plasma blast and a crash. Vision flies towards it and we land.

"Well, whatever it is, it looks like he's got it too." Astrid says.

"Who has what too?" I ask.

"Toothless and this Terrible Terror seem to both be sick. Toothless was sneezing and shooting at the same time." Hiccup explains. "When we were flying back, he went crazy and we crashed."