Chapter 6: Alvin and The Outcasts

A while after we got to the beach, Hiccup told us what he saw. He found dragon boots and a claw on a stick in Mildew's house. Mildew came and threw them in the ocean. We're supposed to be looking for the evidence, but Snotlout was doing his own thing and the Twins were watching him.

"We've been here for hours and we haven't found anything." Snotlout complains.

"We've been here for 10 minutes." I say

"And you've done nothing, but build that." Hiccup says.

"That is Snotlout Manor. And all I need now is a queen or two." Snotlout flirts to Astrid and I. She grabs his arms and puts him in front of me so I can punch him.

"Ow!" He yelps as I sucker punch him. Tuff then roars like a monster and I hear him trample something.

"W-what are you doing?" Snotlout stutters.

"I'm storming the castle." Tuff replies simply.

"Come on, guys. I'm telling you, Mildew framed our dragons. I saw--"

"We know what you saw, Hiccup."

"I don't mean to be Norman the Negative, but the ocean is really really vast. And the chances of finding them are about as Snotlout and Nara or Astrid--"

"Don't go there, Fishlegs." Astrid and I say.

"Going nowhere." Fishlegs mumbles.

"Look, Fishlegs is right. Even if Mildew did throw them into the ocean, they're not just gonna wash up onshore." Astrid says.

"I found it!" Snotlout shouts.

"Great! You were saying." Hiccup says.

"Wait for it." I say.

"I haven't seen this since I was a baby." Snotlout says and then I hear the sound of wood hitting metal. "You never forget your first bludgeon."

"And there it is." I say. We spend the next hour searching in vain. Hiccup goes to tell dad his suspicions, while I stick with Astrid. Hiccup eventually comes back and tells us that we need hard evidence. We go walking and I stick to Astrid.

"Guys, we'll prove that Mildew did it. We have to if we ever want to see our dragons again." Hiccup says.

"I just hope they're ok." Astrid says. She then suddenly moves forward and says, "Why would one of our ships anchor out over there."

"It's not one of our ships. I gotta tell Dad. Come on!" says Hiccup and starts running. Astrid helps me move quickly and when I get to the house, I grab my bow and my quiver. When I get down, Hiccup leads me to the Great Hall, where Dad tells us that an Outcast ship was seen heading towards us. The crowd explodes into shouts and whispers.

"This is not time to panic. That's what the Outcasts are counting on." Dad says.

"Stoick!"

"Sven, did you get a count?"

"30 men at least. All armed to the teeth."

"Without any weapons, we'll never be able to fight them head on." Gobber says.

"No weapons and Outcasts on our shores! All thanks to your kids and his dragons." Mildew yells at Stoick.

"Mildew! You already got rid of the dragons, who would protect us in this situation, so shut up, or gods help me, I will fill you so full of arrows, you'll look like a human pincushion." I threaten.

"I don't have time for this, Mildew. Mulch! You and Bucket gather all the kids and elderly. Take them to Thor's beach. They'll be safe in the caves there." Dad commands.