Season 2, Chapter 13: Free Scauldy

(Nara's POV)

It's been 2 weeks since the Gustav situation, and Astrid has been doing everything she can to make it up to me. Doing everything I say, massaging my cramped muscles, etc. Obviously, I would never abuse this power.

Another update, I've decided that I don't need my visored helmet anymore. The visor and bandages were so that no one else would see my scared eyes, but I decided that I just need to be me. If somebody else has a problem, they can take it up with me. I still keep the bandages on, but those are easier to remove. It also helps Saviour control my movements in battle.

You'd think that I'd be exempt from looking for the Screaming Death, who we haven't heard from in a while, but nope! Astrid begged me to go with her, because she was stuck with Snotlout. I caved, because I wouldn't wish that on my greatest enemy.

Just as we finish our tour of Dragon Island, Astrid says, "Ok, nothing unusual on Dragon Island. You see anything, Snotlout?"

I look towards them as there's a moment of silence before Astrid continues, "Hey! The island is down there."

"But both of your eyes are up here." remarks Snotlout.

Vision and Stormfly squawk with annoyance as Astrid and I roll our eyes. There's more silence, until Astrid says, "What? What is it?"

"I just find it interesting that you both chose me to be your partner on the Screaming Death Patrol, hmmm?" flirts Snotlout, cockily.

"Hiccup had first pick. And second pick." I explain, sarcastically.

"Hey, if that's what you need to believe, keep telling yourself that." flirts Snotlout, before flying closer to us. "Point is, here we are. Together. Alone."

"Not alone enough." Astrid mutters.

We go on to the next island. And the next island. And the one after that.

Eventually, we head to the rendez-vous place. When we arrive, no one else is there. We wait around looking/waiting for Hiccup's group. Astrid and I sit on the edge of the sea stack, my head on her shoulder. Saviour is curled up in my lap and I stroke the area between his spikes. Astrid's fingers are tangled in my hair, rubbing soothing circles on my scalp.

"Hiccup's late for another rendez-vous. What a surprise." says Astrid, sarcastically.

"Hiccup should be here soon." I say. "Knowing him, he probably found a crazy new dragon that he has to train immediately."

"Yeah, but he's still late for another meet up." says Astrid, standing up and pulling me up as well.

"You don't see them, do you?" I ask, turning towards Snotlout, only to turn straight into a wall of smelly, disgusting viking. I jump back, nearly falling off the sea stack, before Astrid catches me.

Ignoring my near fatal fall, Snotlout flirts, "All I see is that we're alone. Again. Coincidence? Perhaps."

"Are you for real?" asks Astrid, after making sure I'm alright.

My amazing girlfriend guides me right past Snotlout as he says, "Oh, yeah. Maybe even a little too real. Had to happen eventually babes. Every week we face Berserkers, Outcasts, Screaming Deaths. The danger was bound to bring us three together, babes."

I nearly lunge at Snotlout for flirting with Astrid and I, but I have to keep it cool. Instead, I clench my fists, take a deep breath and keep going.

"You've been flying in the thin air again, haven't you?" sasses my incredibly awesome, witty, amazing girlfriend.

As I chuckle, I feel Snotlout grab my hand and get down, probably on one knee. I recoil with a face of disgust, but Snotlout grips my hand tightly.