Chapter 4: The Terrible Twos

I'm leading the group through another one of my games that I play with Vision. We fly through the forest dodging trees and branches. I meet up with the others and Hiccup says,

"Hey, has anyone seen Fishlegs."

"I saw him yesterday. Does that count?" Ruff says.

Hiccup then goes to look for Fishlegs. We fly back to the arena and Fishlegs meets us there. Hiccup arrives a little later and with a new dragon. It's about the size of a Terrible Terror, but it has the wings of a Timberjack. Only two back legs and horns, a long thin neck, sharp talons. No one has seen anything like it. The moment Toothless lands, I can tell that he doesn't like the new dragon.

"This is so exciting!" says Fishlegs. "It's a whole new species!"

"Doesn't look like a flaming squirrel to me." Tuff says and I roll my eyes even though no one can see through the visor.

"We have no idea what it's capable of!" Fishlegs continues, geeking out. "There's no telling what it might do."

"Flame. Do it." Tuff says and I hear it growl. I stand back as it jumps on Tuff, then Ruff attacking them.

"Come on you, guys. This is serious." Hiccup says. "We have to figure out what to do with him. He's hurt."

"He's hurt?" Tuff asks in disbelief.

"He's just scared. He'll settle down." Hiccup says.

"Umm, Hiccup. It's a new species." I say.

"We have no idea what it'll do." says Fishlegs.

"Well somebody's gotta take it home." Astrid says. I keep my hands down and take a step back. It sounds like everyone else does, cause Hiccup says,

"Well, big guy. Here's your somebody."

"If Astrid doesn't mind, I'll sleep over at her house for the next little while." I say to Hiccup. I don't want to be in the middle of the drama between Toothless and the newbie.

"Ok." Hiccup says. "I'll tell Dad."

"Thanks." I say as I get on Vision. 

We fly home, I grab the things I'll need and head off to Astrid's house. I've been over to her house plenty of times and her mom, Agnes Hofferson, is so sweet and understanding. She's the one who told us that most of the village has no problems with same sex couples. The only people she knew had a problem against it were: Spitelout, Snotlout's father, Henrik Odegard, Bjorn Svenson, of course Mildew and sadly, Erik Hofferson, Astrid's father. But considering he grows our crops, he's rarely home. Henrik and Bjorn were sadly (not so sadly) killed in the last search for Dragon Island, but even though it's only a small group of people, we still keep our relationship secret. She found out when she saw Astrid giving me a goodnight peck on the lips. Since then, Agnes has been a mother-figure for me. She's our number one fangirl.

I get to the Hofferson house and I smell Agnes' amazing cooking. "That smells really good, Mrs. Hofferson."

"Thank you, Nara, but please call me Mom. From how your relationship is going, I'm nearly your mother in law." She says and I can hear her smile. 

I blush and awkwardly stand there. She just laughs and tells me that Astrid's in her room. I go upstairs and find Astrid's room. 

I rush to her and start peppering her with kisses. She closes the door and leads me to her bed. We kiss, talk, cuddle and kiss some more. 

"So when did you realize you started liking girls?" I ask.

"I don't really know when." admits Astrid. "It must have been sometime around I stopped talking to you."