Season 2, Chapter 3: The Night and The Fury

It's Astrid's birthday tomorrow, so I'm panicking. Hiccup and Agnes are going to help me prepare a fancy dinner for her. Hiccup wrapped the axe and the Dagger of the Valkyrie I got from Johann right before Astrid and I celebrated our first monthiversary.

But first, Hiccup is letting Astrid do another training exercise. Thankfully, I got to skip hand to claw combat.

We're all standing in the arena as hopefully Agnes is making Astrid's favourite dinner for us. Hiccup starts to introduce the exercise.

"Ok gang. Over here." He starts. "Tomorrow's training mission is actually Astrid's idea, so I'll let her explain it."

Astrid walks forward and is immediately met with groans and moans from the others.

"What?" asks Astrid, taken aback.

"Your training missions are so hard." says Fishlegs.

"They are not." defends Astrid.

"Hand to Claw Combat." reminds Fishlegs. Meatlug licks Fishlegs, still feeling guilty about hurting him.

"Spine dodging." adds Snotlout.

"Hot Lava Swimming." Tuff makes up.

"We never did that." says Astrid.

"Yeah, but you should have." Tuff says. I shake my head at Tuff's foolishness. "Way better than Hand to Claw Combat."

"Well this mission is easy," says Astrid. "Dragon Island. You just have to go from this beach on the east side, to this cave on the west side."

The others start muttering to themselves on how Astrid's 'easy' mission is actually easy this time. Wait for it.

"At night." The others start protesting, but Astrid isn't done. "With no camping gear." The others start protesting louder, but she's still not finished yet. "And... no dragons."

"What! That's crazy!" Snotlout says. "What's the point?"

"To work on our stealth skills and our wild dragon defense."

"Astrid's right. We all know how strong we are with our dragons, but we have to be able to defend ourselves if we ever get separated from them." Hiccup explains.

"Trust me, it'll be fun." Astrid says, causing them to groan again.

"Astrid." I call. "At least let them bring one weapon."

She thinks over it for a second, but I know she has a lot of trouble saying no to me.

"Ok. But one weapon only." she allows.

"Great, thanks." I say. Now I have one job. Keep Astrid away from the Cove. "Hey, Astrid. Do you want to come over to my house. I have something to show you."

Am I evil? Maybe a little. But I can't think of any other way of distracting Astrid for a long period of time, without using our code phrase for when we want alone time. This is our first time using it, and I can feel her surprise and embarrassment from here.

We hop on our dragons and fly to my house. Hiccup is gonna be too busy to come home and Dad has an extra long day of chiefing. We immediately walk in and I close the door.

(*Smut Warning*)

I'm immediately turned around and feel Astrid's soft lips crash against mine. Catching me off guard with her passion, I can't stop the moan from escaping my lips. She wraps her arms tightly around me, pulling me close. I do the same, kissing with equal amounts of passion.