Epilogue

His Side

I woke up hugging a pillow.

Was that a dream? Am I only dreaming? Where is she?

Nasaan si Shantelle? The last time I checked kasama ko siya kagabi. She told me that she loves me too, she even ranted. It wasn’t a dream, was it?

Tumayo ako kahit nararamdaman ko pa ang panginginig ng binti ko at ang bigat ng katawan sa pagod. I searched for her in the bath room, kitchen, I even looked under my bed.

Nagmamadali akong lumabas ng room at nagpunta agad sa restaurant. I asked Trent if he saw Shantelle, he said that she’s in the viewing deck. Agad naman akong nagpunta roon. I saw her there, wearing my white shirt and her leggings. She’s wearing a thick brown jacket because of the low temperature. Huminga ako ng malalim at lumapit sa kanya.

“You scared me.” Bungad ko, she looked at me and smiled. “Good morning,” bati ko at nginitian siya.

“Good morning, how’s your sleep?” tanong niya, I grinned.

“Very good,” nakangising sabi ko, agad naman siyang namula at nag-iwas ng tingin. “Pero akala ko talaga panaginip lang ‘yun. Umamin ka sa akin kagabi ‘di ba?” tanong ko, nakita kong kinagat niya ang labi niya.

“Gosh! You’re embarrassing me!” sabi niya kaya natawa ako. I went behind her and hugged her while watching the sunrise.

“I love you,” I whispered as I leaned my forehead above her shoulder. “I missed you, Shantelle. I missed being close to you like this.” I said.

I wanted to tell Shantelle everything. Gusto kong malaman niyang mahal ko pa rin siya at walang nagbago, walang nag-iba. I really wanted to apologize to her too. Alam kong napakalaki ng kasalanan ko sa kanya. Her move was unexpected, pinaabot ko lang naman kay Trent yung sulat pero hindi ko naman inaakalang pupuntahan niya ako kagabi.

“Ryle, do you really love me?” tanong niya, tumingin siya sa akin. Tumango naman ako at napanguso,

“Of course, I do. You’re still hesitant?” tanong ko. She smirked and combed her hair using her fingers.

“You know that it’s still wrong, right?” Napabitaw ako sa kanya at pinagkunutan siya ng noo.

“What the---ano ang mali? Tell me, I will fix everything, love.” Malambing na sabi ko, she smiled more while shaking her head.

“Can you… Can you wait for me?” kabadong tanong niya, napalunok naman ako. “Can we... take a break? You know it’s not right to enter a relationship at this moment out of courtesy to Freyah and Lance---“

“I know,” nakangiti nang sabi ko. “Don’t worry, I’ll wait for you. I will be patiently waiting for you. For us, for the right time and situation.” I cupped her face and kissed her forehead.

“Okay lang ba sa ‘yo na hindi muna tayo magkita for the meantime?” I smiled and nodded, "I am studying and getting a higher degree. Can you..." She halted,

“I said I will wait for you patiently.” I repeated, she then let a sigh of relief and smiled widely.

“And one more thing, I’ll have to think of it more. Pag-iisipan ko ng mabuti kung worth it ka sa second chance.” Napasimangot ako,

“We even---“

“Ssshh!” she put her index finger near her lips and widened her eyes.