four

"Slytherin? How could you be Slytherin?" Harry asks me, confused and hurt in his eyes.

"I don't know.. I thought we would get put in the same house."

"I can't believe you're Slytherin." He says again.

"You almost got put in Slytherin Harry." I remind him.

"Yeah but I didn't." He says rudely.

"I- it's not like I chose it." I say.

"I can't even look at you.. you heard what Hagrid says, all dark wizards were in Slytherin. They're dangerous." He says.

"I heard him Harry but I'm not dangerous... I'm me.."

"Yet." He whispers as he walks away.

I wake up from my sleep and look around confused. I'm laying on the couch in the common room and it looks to be rather early in the morning. I look at the clock and see it's 4:30 in the morning. I sit up slowly and look around. The room is empty except for someone sitting on a chair on the other side of the room.

That's kinda creepy.

I stand up to make my way to my room when the person moves.

It's Malfoy... what the fuck.

"What are you doing awake?" I ask him.

"You were making a lot of noise so I came out to see what was happening." He says.

What?

"You could've woke me up." I roll my eyes.

"Maybe but I was intrigued." He admits. My eyes widen. "You were talking."

"What did I say?" I ask curiously.

"It didn't make sense. It was just randomly you'd say Harry's name and the word Slytherin." Malfoy tells me. 

"Oh."

"Yeah. So unless you're going to be interesting. Shut up so I can sleep." He grunts and heads back to his room.

Rude.

I walk back to my room and sit down on my bed. I share a room with Pansy, even though we don't talk to each other, I guess we both assumed it was easier to share with each other than become friends with someone new. Both of us aren't great with being friends with girls, probably why we got along so well... Neither of us act like most of the girls in this house. We were both different. But then she decided Malfoy was a better person to be friends with than me.

"Where have you been?" I hear her mumble as I roll over into bed.

"Fell asleep on the couch." I reply.

"Mm okay." Pansy says as she goes back to sleep.
End of POV

Draco's POV
Of course Potter is sleeping on the couch in the common room and of course she had to be mumbling in her sleep. Why is this girl so annoying? I sit down on the chair across the room because she's talking in her sleep and i'm curious. Maybe I'll find out something I can throw in her face later.

She wakes up and I had to explain why I was sitting there because I don't need her thinking I care about her. I don't. I was just curious as to why she's mumbling and it's not like I'd be able to sleep over her noise. Seriously, I wonder how Pansy can sleep with her beside her.

"Yeah. So unless you're going to be interesting. Shut up so I can sleep." I say before heading my back to my room and leaving her there speechless.