five

The next morning Malfoy was back to his arrogant and rude ways which was kind of a relief. He was late to breakfast to breakfast too so I guess yesterday was just some weird fluke.

My luck, he shows up for Potions class where I have to sit beside him. He sits down beside me angrily and aggressively. Lovely.

"Good morning to you too." I say. Why did I just say that? Just ignore him.

He raises an eye brow to me and then turns away from me.

Professor Snape walks into class and starts writing on the board. I take out my paper and start writing the notes but Malfoy doesn't move at all. Not a surprise he doesn't do the work, he's arrogant as fuck and thinks he's too good to do the work.

"Mr. Malfoy, are we boring you?" Professor Snape.

"Yes." Malfoy says calmly. 

"You could do it later tonight in detention if you would like." Professor Snape says.

"No fucking thank you." Malfoy snaps.

"Then you know what to do." Professor Snape says

Malfoy sits still for a moment but then gives in and takes out a piece of paper and starts copying the work down. I couldn't help but laugh at how childish he's acting right now.

"What's so funny?" Malfoy snaps at me.

"You're so childish." I say.

He turned his head to me slightly and I could see his face looks confused.

"What?" I ask him.

"You're being very brave lately." He says.

"I'm not scared of you."

"You should be." He says.

"Well I'm not. You're mean but I don't think you're dangerous."

"Clearly you don't know me then."

"Obviously I don't know you that well."

"Are we interrupting your conversation?" Professor Snape asks Malfoy and I.

"Yes." Malfoy says as he turns to Professor Snape.

Professor Snape smirks.

"Then you two can do the work later tonight in detention." He says.

Are you fucking kidding me?

"Whatever." Malfoy says.

"Pay attention." He snaps.

I look to Malfoy and roll my eyes at him. I'm pissed. I look to Theo and he's pissing himself laughing. Awesome. I look over to Harry to see if he's reacting and he looks rather annoyed with me. Why would he be annoyed? I mean, I know him and Malfoy don't get along but I was forced to sit with him so obviously I'm going to speak to him.

After class, I get my stuff and I'm about to leave when I turn to Malfoy,

"Thank you very much for detention."

"Anytime." He says sarcastically and pushes past me.

"Fuck you." I shout to him.

Theo comes over to me.

"Soooo what were you and Malfoy talking about that's so important that you got detention for it?" He asks me.

"He was saying that I don't know him well enough because I don't think he's dangerous."

"How are you supposed to know who he is when he won't be nice to you for one second?" Theo jokes.

"I know! That was my point."