CHAPTER 1

And they lived happily ever after…

"Ma'am as expected your new novel is again the bestseller. And you are getting the writer of the year award. How are you feeling?"

SM:"Well happy, humbled and grateful to everyone out there who took out time to read and appreciate my work. But there is something else I feel a kind of… I guess, satisfied? Yes, satisfied is the word, satisfied to write something worth your love and support, Satisfied, to be honest with my readers and my passion."

"We have noticed that all your stories end with words like happy ever after, forever and ever just like the present one has your signature line happily ever ever…is it something important or just a coincidence."

SM:"Well, it’s not a coincidence, I like ending my story with something solid and permanent, words like forever and ever after gives that feeling, a feeling that things work out in the end and even after that. These words I feel do justice to the emotion of readers who were glued to every word of the entire book. It leaves the reader and the writer with the sense of contentment to finally witness the happiness of the characters whose every emotion was yours too since the beginning of the pages." 

"So you believe in happiness ever after?"

SM:"No"

"No? No! But now you said that you like giving happy endings?"

SM:"Yes I said I like giving happy endings, endings with a promise of forever. But I never said that I believe in them."

"So you are telling that you write something which you yourself don’t believe. Aren’t you fooling your readers?"

SM:"Actually no. I might not believe in them but I certainly believe in creating one. And about fooling my readers I can never ever do that."

"What are you trying to say mam? We don’t get you?"

SM:"I am telling you that I highly doubt that anything in this world can be permanent,especially these happily ever after kinds of love. I mean everything changes with time change is the only truth. Then how can anything remain the same forever. Actually I don’t understand this word forever. This word only doesn’t sound correct to me. I have seen couples madly in love parting ways due to many reasons, couples parting ways who promised to stay together, cheating ,fighting and what not. Thus I highly doubt these kinds of promises of forever. We are only humans and we are bound to make mistakes". 

"Then why write something you don’t have an ounce of trust in?"

SM:"Like I said I believe in creating one. There are many things in this world which is not as we want them to be, there are issues  as they say life isn’t a fairytale. But I have always felt that you could create a perfect world for yourself, the world where you get to live a life of your own the way you want the way you love. That's why I turned towards writing because I realized each story each piece of writing takes you to an entire new world, a world which the writer wants to take you to. I believe I can create my own fairy tales trough my stories and make anyone and everyone who happens to take a glimpse of the book a part of it too. I highly doubt the perfect kind of love is ever happy in the real world but who says you cannot create a world having that forever kind of love thus I  do it because that gives me happiness and hope which is exactly wha want others to experience." 

"Don’t you think you are being too blunt in your views? A romance writer telling that she doesn't believe in a perfect forever kind of love?"

SM:"I am just being honest as I said in the beginning also I have and will always be honest to my readers and that’s what I am doing."

"But will it not affect you readers? Who would want to read a person who herself doesn't believe in such kind of love?"

SM:"I don’t think it will anyway affect my readers. I am an author of romance fiction . It is my work to imagine to create which is most of the time way beyond the reality as the so-called rational world perceives. That’s my job, my passion and I do it with sincerity and my readers love my creation, my stories  not who I am or what I believe in. about love I never said I don’t believe in love, in fact I am a hopeless romantic that's why my stories scream romance. But having said that it is also true that in the world forever, everything changes and love is not an exception.how can you say that you would love a person the same just the same as you love them now? How can you say you have got your happiness ever after? You cannot be happy always ,I am bound to change, it will change."