CHAPTER 8

“So you finally got her ”, said mrs rajni.” I must say you are a man of your words young man and you actually found what you were seeking for”, she added .

How did she know Rachna and how come she knew  about us, I thought.

What? You were searching for me?why? rachna asked, confusion evident in her voice.

I umm.

Yes he was madly searching for you, he visited my office asking about you, she smiled . So how do you feel  meeting your author, the best selling romance novelist? she asked looking at me.

It's her..it's him both Rachana and me said at the same time. We looked at each other shocked.

SM?

Mr Sharma?

We both stood there gaping . After some time our face broke into a grin which soon turned into a full fledged laughter. We kept laughing hard that our eyes filled with tears.

Mrs rajni looked as if we had grown horns. She cleared her throat and said” I guess I should take my leave, you carry on” she said and walked out of the cabin.

We kept looking at each other .

Such a small world, she said. 

A small world indeed! I replied.

An author?  I was surprised.

An entrepreneur ? she asked equally surprised.

We both nodded.

So how did this happen, I want to know the story. I mean look at you all prim and proper pure gentleman, how did mr cool turned into  one of the successful business tycoon the owner of SSR PUBLISHERS? She asked with a lopsided grin.

Well first tell me how did miss perfect cum miss intelligent decide to bring her nose out of those huge piles of books ? When did a civil service aspirant turn into a writer? A romance genre! I smirked.

Well someone once told me that you get only one life so live it to the fullest. Do what your heart wants. Instead of being the good girl for once be the person you truly are. Stop living for others, for once be selfish. Go speak to your father , tell him what you want and trust me he will understand.” She completed with a distant look in her eyes, clearly reminiscing the memory.

Well that someone seems to be a wise person. I added with fake arrogance.

Yeah that he is and a little overconfident and arrogant too. She said with a mischievous twinkle in her eyes.

Excuse me! It's called confidence madam and self love. I said, raising my eyebrows.

Whatever, she muttered, rolling her eyes.

God I so want to grab her and embrace her, kiss those eyelids on her nose and her lips…

Are you there, she said waving her hands in front of my face.

Her words brought me back to reality. I must have zoned out looking at her. God!  she must be thinking me as some pervert jerk.

Ye yes what were you saying? I asked, blinking back to reality.

Nothing I was just asking you how did you start your firm because as far as I remember you always found a way to escape work.

Well a certain someone knocked some sense into this thick head of mine. She made me understand the value of family and relationships. She made me the effort my mother was putting into making me a decent educated individual, and how my careless attitude disappointed my mom. I said grinning widely.