CHAPTER 9

RACHNA

I was in my room studying at night when someone knocked at the door. I raised my head to look into the eyes of Mr cool standing there at the door. His eyes were 

Were red due to crying.

I kept looking at him. 

I wanted to thank you earlier for…

I know you are welcome , I smiled.

Okay good night he said turning to leave.

Good night.

Umm Rachna…i heard him call me again turning back.

Yes?

You told me to be honest, then for once be honest with yourself.

I looked at him confused.

That is what your heart wants, he said pointing at the notebook on my lap where I was writing a story.

What do you mean? I asked nervously.

You know exactly what I mean but to voice it out I have seen you reading novels at night,in that corner of the library. I also know you write stories.

I gaped.

You love writing then why are you wasting your life in preparing for other jobs. You know what your heart wants, so why are you afraid to follow it?

It's not easy,I said sadly.

Then make it. Take a stand for yourself for once shed that tag of Miss perfect the good girl and think about you do what you want to do.

Dad will never agree..i said in a weak voice.

Maybe not or maybe yes. You won't know it if you don't talk to him. Go to him and as you said parents love us. Your dad definitely will understand and support you because he loves you.

I nodded unsure.

I did not talk to dad  then,but after completing my  college when i returned to my hometown leaving Delhi i thought i can no longer cheat dad. So one day I told him everything and to my surprise he supported me. 

I have always been grateful to Sameer for encouraging me to take a stand for myself when I couldn't even think to voice out my dreams.

So how come your name is SM in your novels? Sameer's voice brought me back to the present.

Well it's short for Shrishti Mishra.

Shristi?

Yes, Rachna and Shristi are the same , answered.

But any special reason behind the name change?

That I cannot tell,I answered by teasing him.

Fine, he muttered irritated.

Well Sameer what does SSR stand for? I mean maybe SS is for Sameer Sharma but R?I asked genuinely curious.

Well I cannot you, he answered mimicking my voice.

Fine, I huffed.

Mrs Rajnu returned back and we talked. I agreed to write a novel for his company. After all, I owed it to him! 

The next day he returned to delhi. After a few days, even me and Dad shifted to Delhi so that I could work easily.

Me and Sameer were spending a lot of time together and the old friendship was revived. But I failed to realise that the old feeling will also revive and they did. I thought I had gotten over him but I was wrong. I realised i was falling for him all over again but did he feel the same or was a  heading for another heartbreak just like one six years ago...