CHAPTER 12

The next day she submitted her manuscript. She did not talk to him nor did he try to talk to her. 

Sameer was in his room sleeping when he heard his mobile ring. He decided to ignore it but on the second ring he picked the call.

Sameer?he heard Mrs Ranji's frantic voice.

What happened? Is everything alright he asked equally panicking.

No, I am here at Rachna's house and it's locked.

Relax she must have gone somewhere, he tried reasoning.

No where would she go at 5 in the morning. And even Mr Mishra? Where would he go?

Now this has him worrying.

Okay okay I am coming.

He got ready and rushed to her place. Mts Rajni was there and she told that she came here in Delhi to surprise Rachna but here she herself got a surprise. Both of them searched everywhere and called everyone but couldn't find her.

They sat dejectedly at the steps of Rachna's house when Mrs Rajni said.

Wait! I think i know where she can be.

Where he asked expectantly.

She had got an offer from the US and yesterday also she sounded very upset. That's why I came here to meet her .She told me that she was considering taking the job. I never thought she would take the decision so hastily. 

Both of them looked wide eyed as each other.

At first they thought maybe she would return and she must have gone somewhere else but when it was a week since her disappearance Sameer was convinced that she had indeed left.She had left and he was not able to tell her what he felt just like he couldn't six years ago…

After her confession last night he couldn't sleep so he got up and left early in the morning to clear his mind. When he returned home he began searching for her but couldn't find her.

His mom later informed him that she had left with her father. This news shocked him it felt as someone just took a part of him away . He stood frozen unable to react.

He was going towards his room when his Mom called him.

Sameer.

Yes mom.

I know what you feel for Rachna, but you are afraid to accept it. If it has something to do with your father then remember son you are not like him,you value your realtionships.you will never become like him,you cannot hurt someone. I am blessed to have a son like you,who values others. I know you love that girl but are afraid of commitment, afraid that you might end up hurting her just like your father hurt us. 

Mom..

No Sameer i know my son you are different you know how to love. So leave all your doubts and go get your girl. She is the best for you, I am proud of my son's choice. Both Mom and he had tears in his eyes. They went to the station only to find that the train had left an hour early. He was heartbroken.

 After a week his Mom somehow got the address and they decided to go to Kanpur. But here also disappointment awaited them as they got to know they had left the previous day, where no one knew.

He tried searching for her but couldn't find her. He then decided to move on and fulfill his nothers amd Rachna dream and thus came up with SSR publishing groups. He was hell bent on becoming a better human being a better son and he did that. He tried to forget her but couldn't, the girl had taken his heart with her. He even hired a detective to find her but again no success!

When at MIrs Rajni office he accidentally stumbled upon her he thought god had given him another chance and he will not lose it. But here he was sitting and crying on his bed just like he did six years ago…