CHAPTER 11

What happened bache?Mr Mishra asked his daughter.

Dad we are leaving on Sunday? She answered.

On Sunday ? After two days? Why? Where?

Remember I got an offer from the US?

He nodded.

I have decided to accept it.she said. And I have to fulfill my Commitment to Mr Sharma so after submitting the manuscript to SSR pub and settling other things we will go. All these will take 2 days so on Sunday we are leaving. She said in a sad voice.

But you had rejected the US offer so why now and what is the hurry to leave would you wait to see your book?

Do you trust me dad?she asked holding his hand.

I do but..

Then don't question me. I have my reasons and you cannot stay forever anywhere things change you have to learn to move on. I guess now is the queue for me to bid farewell to life in this place and people, she said painfully.

Bache…

Dad, I want to explore new things and I am ready to welcome a new life. this place no longer is for us, I am ready to actually leave,she choked at the last words.

Okay as you say beta,Mr Mishra said kissing his daughter's forehead.

She hugged him and sobbed silently.

Mr Sharma knew something was wrong but decided not to intrude. He even noticed how she had addressed Sameer as Mr Sharma.was this the reason she was so keen on leaving? Whatever it was for now he would just do as his daughter wants.

Rachna sat in her room thinking about the events of the evening. She still cannot believe how big a fool she has been to trust him and fall for him in the past and again now too. She must have guessed the day when he suddenly started taking interest in her that something was wrong…

Things were good between them after she made him talk to his mom, they were now friends. Both of them studied together, went to college together and had lots of fun. But gradually all the fun moments started turning into awkward or embarrassing. And then suddenly he began flirting and behaving extra nice with her. He began treating her differently, though now also they were more of friends but the look in his eyes said otherwise. Once she even confronted him but he just shrugged it telling how a beauty like her expects him to behave just as friends with her. She thought he was teasing her but his behaviour did not change. He even got jealous when she talked to other boys who were very possessive of her. Gradually she also fell for him. She has always liked him but never thought she could ever have him. But when he started showing interest in her too then she let her heart hope to dream. 

She still remembers the night before graduation day when she has willingly offered herself to him. It was the best night of her life to love a man and to be loved by him. But the next day when she woke up to an empty bed with some of her clothes on she realised maybe he regretted what happened. He must be embarrassed of her so he left. She decided not to bring that night ever in front of him and just forget it because she valued their friendship. He was under the effect of alcohol that was the reason what happened must have happened.

He kept avoiding her the whole time during graduation day. She felt hurt but did not blame him, she was happy when he got the certificate and happy that he fulfilled his promise to make his Mom proud.

When she got home her dad told her that they should now leave. Tomorrow was the train in the morning. She panicked at the thought , leaving him forever was something she never ever imagined. She taught a lot and decided to confess her feelings to him. What if he doesn't feel the same? No he too likes her; she has seen it in his eyes she thought.