a bet and some star gazing

hi everybody still reading! So I'm sorry I haven't posted daily, I'm gonna try my hardest to post another chapter tomorrow night because this one is quite short. Also, I want your feedback about Meg and Michael. Think they should get together or stay as friends? GUESS WE WILL HAVE TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS! 

Rachel was more than thrilled to see Michael in the passengers seat when she got in the car, she immediately started blabbing to him about random things she did at school. It was so cute watching them talk to eachother, it was even cuter when we stopped for icecream and he carried her on his shoulders, I felt my heart swelling with admiration. After icecream I dropped Rachel off at home with Mum and Michael and I decided to go to Ashton's house. I was hesitant at first because of the obvious tension there would be, but they were my friends and I had to get over it.

“So..what are we going to tell them?” I asked, gripping the steering wheel, dreading the answer.

“You mean about us?”

“Yea...are we..anything?” My knuckles started to go white from gripping the wheel so hard.

“Do you want us to be...something?” I could feel him staring at me but I kept my eyes on the road.

“I like you.. a lot. But I dunno if we should put a label on things right now. It's senior year, I think we should just enjoy eachother for now and see where this goes.” I said confidently.

“Wow, never thought I'd hear those words come out of a girls mouth.” He laughed.

“Well you see Michael.. I'm not like other girls.” I smirked.

“I've noticed.”

“You know the boys are gonna torture us right?”

“I know, so prepare yourself.”

“Wait, what if we don't tell them anything? Just that we're friends again.”

“You mean lie?”

“It's not technically lying..”

“Meg..”

“Come on, they're gonna treat us different and it's going to be so annoying. Let's just keep all the touchy feely stuff to ourselves for now.”

“Fine, only if you kiss me now before we go in.”

“You drive a hard bargain Mr.Clifford.”

He leaned over the console and kissed me softly at first, but the sweet taste on his lips was like a drug, I was hooked. I grabbed the collar of his shirt and pulled him in closer to me, he smirked into the kiss as if he knew I was addicted to him.

“You sure you're gonna be able to keep your hands off of me?” He grinned, walking his fingers up my bare arm.

“I'm sure. But are you sure you can keep YOUR hands to yourself tonight?” I challenged him,

“You wanna bet?”

“Okay, I bet you won't be able to keep your hands off me all night.”

“What do I get if I win?”

I smiled and ran my hand down his crotch, keeping eye contact with him. He bit his lip and grabbed my hand.

“What do I get if I win?” I asked.

“We fix that little problem of yours tomorrow night.”

“Hmm maybe I'd rather have you take me out to dinner first.”

“Fine. If I win, you make me a cake and give me a blowjob. And if you win I take you out for dinner and give you your first orgasm. Sounds like you have the better end of the bargain.”

“Depends on whether or not you can actually succeed in giving me an orgasm. Don't be so cocky.”

“I guarantee that I can.”

“Guess we'll have to see then.” I kissed him on the cheek and hopped out the car and skipped to Ashton's door. They all engulfed me in a huge hug and pulled me into the kitchen before I could even say anything.

“So?” Calum said.

“What happened?” Luke asked.

“You two good?” Ashton asked.

“Everything's fine.” I shrugged and grabbed a water bottle from the fridge.

“That's it?”

“Everything's fine?”

“Give us the deets.”

“We're just friends.” I took a sip from the bottle. “Sorry to disappoint.”

“I call bs.” Calum said.

“I don't like liars Megan.” Luke grinned.

“I'm not lying! We're just friends, and that's the end of it. Now drop it before he comes in here.” I slapped their arms and went back into the living room and flopped onto the couch. Michael came in and sat on the other couch, I giggled because I knew he was trying to keep as far away from me as possible so I didn't tempt him. I sat in between Luke and Calum and we decided to have a Just Dance competition. I knew this could be a perfect opportunity to take as many articles of clothes off as possible and shake my ass around till Michael was so uncomfortable he couldn't take it anymore. I wanted to win this bet, and I was going to. Ashton and Luke went first and danced to Call Me Maybe, the rest of us were killing ourselves laughing. Then it was my turn and I flipped through the songs and tried to find one that had the most hip and bum shaking, I tied my baggy tshirt up and started dancing. The boys cheered me on but Michael was quiet, I looked over my shoulder at him at one point and his arms were crossed across his chest and he looked like he was gonna bite right through his lip. When I thought about it, I was surely going to win the bet because I didn't know what he could possibly do to me that would make me absolutely need to touch him. When I was done the song I sat down beside Michael and whispered in his ear.

“Your turn big boy.”

He stretched back and clenched his jaw, god did he ever look sexy when he did that. He put his arm on the couch around my shoulder, still not touching me. After a couple more rounds of just dance we decided to go out for a walk to the store to get some junk food. I can say that this was one of the best days that I'd had in a long time, spending time with people who genuinely were amazing. I don't think I'd ever laughed so hard at the things we all talked about on the way to the store, we shared stories about our previous highschool years and Calum gave me a piggy back when I complained that my feet were sore. At one point Michael tried to jump on Luke's back and they toppled over onto the grass, pulling Calum and I down with them. We layed on the grass and stared up at the stars together, Ashton layed down with us too, we all seemed to sigh simultaneously.

“I can't believe real life starts soon.” Luke said quietly.

“I know..soon we're going to have real responsibilities..” Michael said.

“And have to grow up..” I said.

“Go to uni..” Ashton said.

“Get a job, get married, have kids..” Calum said.

“Speaking of kids, you kids mind getting off my lawn?” A short older lady said from behind us, guess I hadn't realized we were laying on somebody's front lawn. We all apologized to her over and over while running down the block. I stopped and took my shoes off, the feeling of my bare feet on the pavement, listening to these boys I'd just become friends with laugh their asses off, with the wind blowing through my hair as we ran as fast as we possibly could. This was the kind of feeling that was hard to describe, that a lot of people don't get to experience. I think the gist of it would be happiness. Pure happiness.