a red haired boy and a lawyer's daughter

1

The first day of senior year is something that most people dream about, although I was completely dreading it. A lot happened in between grade 11 and now, including when I lost every single one of my friends because of a huge misunderstanding. Now the only people I hungout with nowadays was my cat Zig, my mom and my 6 year old sister Rachel. I dreamed of becoming a famous writer one day, and spent most of my day writing in my journal and blogging about things. Sometimes I would write stories and tell them to my sister but I never ever let any of my friends read my journal, in fact, no one had ever even read a page out of my journal and that's how it was always going to stay. I wrote all of my personal thoughts and feelings and memories into that journal, I figured that if one day when I'm a writer, I'll eventually want to write an autobiography and these journals will definitely help then. Plus it was a really good way for me to relieve stress and my depression, I started the journal before summer started, when I first went to my therapist Judy. Judy is a little red haired old lady with huge framed glasses and eccentric costume jewelry, she was also my favourite person in this entire world. Anyways, back to senior year. My mom told me to dress nice just in case there are any cute new boys coming, I seriously doubted it, and it didn't matter because even if there were cute boys, none of them would want to hangout with me anyways. I'd had braids in my hair overnight and took them out as soon as I woke up, letting my long dark hair tumble down my back. I was never a girly girl, though my mom would have loved if I was. I slipped on my black jeans and a blue plaid shirt with a pretty light blue camisole underneath. I slung my heart locket around my neck that my dad had got me for my 13th birthday, it lay just above my cleavage. I sighed and decided to put makeup on even though I hated it more than anything. I put my headphones in and blasted Taylor Swift, I ran downstairs and danced around the kitchen, pouring myself a glass of orange juice and nibbling on a nutella sandwich. I saw Rachel run into the kitchen an hop onto the bar stool, she was tall for her age and always surprised me how she could get up on those things. I handed her a bowl of strawberries with sugar and kissed her on the forehead. Mom greeted me at the door, and gave me a quick hug before I got in the car. Since I had no friends all summer all I did was work, therefore I was able to afford my own car, it was a piece of shit but at least I had a car. I took a deep breath and turned up my music, I only had a 10 minute drive to school but I decided to take the long way just to stall since I really didn't want to go. I parked in the back of the lot and took another deep breath before finally getting out of the car. I shrugged my backpack on and put my headphones back in. I was just about to go into the school when I heard loud yelling coming from around the corner. I pulled my headphones out and walked around the corner, I saw a familiar face and smiled to myself before walking closer to the scene. It looked like someone had backed into the other person's car, there didn't appear to be a lot of damage but I had to get closer. I was going to stay back and observe but one of the 3 boys I didn't recognized pushed the boy that I did recognize. I ran up towards them against my best judgement.

“Cal? What's going on?” I stood in the middle of them. The car that seemed to be the more damaged one was Calum's. Him and I had known eachother since we were young but never really talked once highschool came around other than a few hey's here and there.

“These jackasses think they can just come and fuck shit up without consequence just because they're new here!” He tried to throw a punch at the red haired boy behind me but I caught his arm before he could.

“You're outnumbered Cal, think this is the best idea?” I whispered and spun around, turning my charm on and plastering the biggest smile possible on my face. “Hi, I don't believe we've met. My name's Meg.”

“Well hello Meg,” The hazel eyed boy said. “I'm Ashton. The one with the firehydrent on his head is Michael and the tall quiet blonde one is Luke.” For some reason, I couldn't take my eyes off of the red haired boy, there was something about him, I was surprised I could function properly around these guys since they were probably the best looking guys I'd seen in a long time. But Michael peeked my interest especially.

“Pleasure.” I said seductively. “Anyways, Cal and I better get to class. I think that maybe you should give him your information seeing as you were the one pulling out into traffic without properly observing first.”

“What would you know?” Michael growled.

“Her mom's a lawyer.” Calum said proudly, folding his arms across his chest. Michael groaned and grabbed an old receipt from his pack pocket and a pen from the driver's seat and wrote down his number on it.

“If you don't bring lawyer's into this I'll pay it all myself. Just let me know how much.” He rolled his eyes and stomped off into the school, Luke trailing behind him giving me a sweet smile.

“Sorry about all this, Michael can be a little hot headed sometimes...” Ashton said shyly and rubbed the back of his neck.

“Yea, hot is right..” I whispered under my breath and Calum giggled and elbowed me. “Shit, yeah it's alright! We- uh- yea, I'll see you later!”

Calum got in the front seat and I got in the passengers of his car and he pulled into a parking spot. We finally got into the school and both sighed with relief.

“Wow what a shit first day of senior year so far.” He said.

“Hey, it isn't that bad! At least I'm talking to you again. Ya know, I could really use a friend right now.” I smiled and looked up at him.

“I know it's been so long, I'm an idiot for not talking to you sooner I'm sorry. I just got wrapped up in my own shit. Well.. wanna go out for lunch today and catch up?”

“Yeah of course Cal, meet you by my car after the bell rings!”

“Sounds like a plan, have fun in class!”

“Highly unlikely.”

“Just try and have some fun. It is our senior year after all.. see you at lunch!” He gave me a quick hug and ran down the hall. Maybe senior year wouldn't be that bad after all if I had Calum by my side.