a sincere apology and a bruised cheek

I'd been banging on the door for 10 minutes now, I called him about 6 times and texted him 20 times but still no answer.

“Ashton please open the door!” I yelled and pounded on the door even harder. Fuck, I really screwed things up. “ASHTON!” I screamed and it made Luke and Calum laugh. Then the door flew open.

“Jesus christ Meg! I have neighbors you know! What do you even want?”

“I just want to talk to you.”

“If you guys are here to try to convince me to go apologize to Michael it isn't going to work so you should just leave.”

“No I wanted to apologize for overreacting earlier. Can I come in?”

He nodded and walked into the living room, I told Luke and Calum to wait in the car while I talked to him. I sat beside him on the couch.

“Listen Ash, I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings earlier. I have all these built up feelings and anger towards Nick still that it's hard for me to realize that not all guys are like him.” He listened to me intently, watching my mouth as I spoke. “I didn't think you were that angry... and I sure as hell didn't think you were going to suckerpunch Michael. He didn't even do anything.”

“He told me about the kiss.”

“Oh.. listen I-”

“Meg it's okay. I was just pissed off in the moment, I'm not really anymore. He was yelling at me saying that I only wanted you for sex and I was arguing that that wasn't true. Then he shoved me and I lost my temper. I hate when people assume things about me.”

“I knew that wasn't true Ashton, I would never assume that you were that kind of guy. If anything you're way out of my league.” I laughed.

“Do you have feelings for him?”

“Who?” I pretended to not know what he was talking about.

“Michael. Do you have feelings for him? “

“I don't know..”

“Well I know he has feelings for you because he took a punch for it. He was so angry because he thought that I was going to use you..obviously he likes you.. a lot I'd say. I've never seen him like that about a girl before.”

“Oh. Promise this won't hurt your feelings if I tell you this?”

“Promise.” He squeezed my hand.

“Okay well I've basically had feelings for him the first day we met. But I didn't want to ruin another friendship because god knows I can't afford to lose another friend.”

“You know we all ship you guys right?” He nudged my shoulder and I laughed.

“How do you guys know what ship even means?”

“My sister is a teenager and she left her twitter open before.” He giggled.

“Well then I better go make this better with him and his bloody nose.”

“Right.. I'll drop by his house later and apologize.”

“You better.. Thank you Ash, for understanding.” I hugged him and ran out to the car. I updated Luke and Calum and they decided to stay and hangout with Ashton while I went to talk to Michael. When I got there I hesitated getting out of the car at first, I was worried that he would still be angry, but then I remembered what Ash said to me. “Obviously he likes you...alot I'd say.” I took a deep breath and knocked on the front door. Nothing. I knocked again and louder this time. An older woman opened the door and I assumed it was his mom.