a magical moment quickly ruined

hey guys! sorry this chapter took so long, I didn't have my computer all day I was on a roadtrip. Also, this chapter is really short so I will definitely be posting at least one new chapter tomorrow afternoon! :) THanks for the reads and your patience. Love y'all x 

There it was, the moment I had been waiting for since the day that I met him. After the word 'date' flew off his tongue his hand was behind my neck and in my hair bringing my face in towards his. I wanted to resist for the sake of feeling like a good person but I couldn't, this was the most romantic way a guy has tried to kiss me before and it was Michael. When our lips touched my body automatically reacted to it and I felt like I was being electrocuted but in a good way. His lips tasted like pink starbursts, they were so soft and sweet. But just like that he pulled away, slid his hand from my neck down and around my waist instead and put his forehead on mine, both of us breathing heavily. My lips were still tingling and my heart was beating a mile a minute.

“So, you gonna go get ready for your date?” I could hear the smirk in his voice.

“As much as I want to say no... I can't just stand up Ashton, he's my friend. And yours remember?”

“I know, I know and you don't want to hurt his feelings.” He said in a funny voice.

“Hey, if this were the other way around how would you feel?”
“Like shit.”

“Exactly.”

“But that kiss-”

“Was fucking amazing. But I can't stand him up or make up some lame excuse as to why I can't go out with him and have a clear conscience.”

“I don't want him kissing you.”

“I'm not going to let him kiss me Michael. Trust me. You know what I don't get though?”

“What?”

“Why he asked me out even though he knew how I felt about yo-”

“Wait what? How do you feel about me?” He bit his lip.

“Oh stop it, you know how I feel about you. And so do the boys, so that's why I'm confused.”

“Well... uh he kinda called dibs on you the first day we met..it's a guy thing.. don't be mad.”

Don't be mad? I hated that, I hate how guys think they can call dibs on a girl. And I also hate that it's solely based on looks.

“Would you have called dibs first?” I said sternly.

“Uh I dunno..”

“Yes or no.”

“Yea I guess so.” He twiddled his thumbs. I groaned and pulled at the roots of my hair, he sat on the end of the bed and sighed knowing that I was about to go off on him. I grabbed my phone and dialed Ashton's number.

Hello?”

“Hey Ash it's me.”

“What's up?”

“Well I'd just like to inform you that I am in fact NOT a piece of property that any man can just call dibs on, also, I would like to cancel our date tonight because I am honestly pissed off and a little disgusted that you would claim me before you even knew me.”

“Where is this all coming from? Did you talk to Michael?”

“Yeah I did talk to Michael, and I'm just as disgusted with him right now as I am with you.”

I looked over at Michael and he had his face in his hands.

“For what it's worth, I'm sorry...It's just a thing that guys do I never thought about it from a girl's perspective before.”

“Obviously not. I don't accept your apology or whatever bullshit one Michael has for me either. Talk to me when you learn to better respect women.”

I hung up and chucked my phone against the pillow making Michael jump. I raised my eyebrow as to say 'so?'

“Listen Meg I didn't think it would upset you this much...”

“Well I guess you don't know me that well then do you Michael?”

“You're overreacting..”

“Get out.” I pointed towards the door. He sat and stared at me with his beautiful puppy dog eyes. I grabbed his arm and pulled him up and pushed him out my bedroom door. I really was overreacting but I was tired of guys thinking they can have me just because. Nick's words kept ringing in my ears “I decided to take you. I decided to take you.” I wasn't just someone to fuck, I wanted to be someone who guys wanted to be in a relationship with and love. I was tired of being used, I was just tired of it all. I slammed the door in his face and sat against it, I heard him sit against the other side. “Michael I said get out and not just out of my room.”

“Why are you so upset?” He said through the door.

“Because Michael, I'm fucking tired of guys using me and claiming me. I just want a guy to genuinely want me and not just for sex. Now can you please just leave? I need to be alone right now and think.”

“Promise you'll call me tomorrow?”

“I'm not going to promise anything.”

“Okay, I'm gonna go..” Then it was quiet, just me and my thoughts. I realized that Nick was holding me back, all the shit that happened between us screwed me up. I don't trust guys anymore, it's so hard. After an hour of crying on my bedroom floor and listening to Coldplay I decided to call Luke and Calum and ask if they were free to talk. They said they were just leaving Ashton's and they would be over in 10. I washed my face and put an old tshirt and some yoga pants, I put my hair up into a messy bun and went downstairs to wait for them to come. The doorbell rang and I dragged myself to let them in, their smiles immediately disappeared when they saw how awful I probably looked. I made us all some tea and we sat around the living room.

“Okay, before you tell us your side of the story which I guarantee has something to do with what I'm about to say. Let me tell you that we refuse to choose sides.” Luke announced. I laughed and sipped on my tea.

“So after Ashton got off the phone he stood up and went outside and we could hear him cursing to himself and throwing stuff. Then when he came in he sat back on the couch and looked like he was going to kill someone, he wouldn't even look us in the eye he just picked up the controller and started playing again like nothing happened.” Calum said.

“And then Michael came bursting through the front door looking equally as pissed off, and then the two of them started yelling at eachother, it caught us both off guard and we were so confused. We tried to listen to what they were saying but they kept yelling over eachother. Eventually, Michael ended up shoving Ashton so hard he fell on his ass and then Ashton stood up and punched him right in the face. We pulled them apart and then Michael left with a bloody nose and Ashton kicked us out and we came here.” Luke finished off the story and I was completely in shock. They actually fought over me...physically.. That is NOT what I wanted to happen, I thought they would just pout to themselves and not talk to eachother or something. I didn't think punches would be thrown and friendships would end just because of my overreaction.

“Shit.. this is all my fault! I need to go talk to them.” I stood up and grabbed my hoodie and keys off the table. “I'll explain on the way there.”

“Whose house are we going to first?”

“Fuck...I think Ashton will be easier to talk to. Michael is too stubborn, he'll be harder to calm down for sure.” They agreed and we got in the car and I sped off to Ashton's house.