the party and the argument

As we approached Ashton's door, the music got louder and louder and my stomach felt like it was doing flips. Michael intertwined our fingers and I smiled up at him. We walked in the door and Luke attacked us from out of nowhere in a huge hug.

“You guys are here!!!!! And..and..you're holding hands? AWWWW!” He hugged us even tighter and I groaned. He reeked of alcohol and I already knew he was going to be a handful. “Calum!!! Michael and Meg are holding hands!!” He ran off into the kitchen and Michael and I exchanged annoyed glances. I grabbed a beer from the cooler and handed one to Michael.

“Where's Ashton?” I asked.

“Haven't seen him yet. He's probably hooking up with someone upstairs.” Michael shrugged and took a sip of his beer. Suddenly a set of strong arms wrapped around me and picked me up, spinning me around. I squeeled and flailed until I recognized the cologne as Calum's.

“Megaaannn you look so good, I could just fuck you right here right now.” He whispered in my ear and I blushed.

“Easy tiger.” Michael said sternly.

“Oh. OH RIGHT, you two are together now or what?” He patted Michael on the back and drank from his cup.

“Pretty much yeah.”

“Finally!!! Wait till I tell Ashton! Speaking of him..where is he?”

“We dunno, we were going to ask you that!”

“Weird..here come meet Ashton's little sister, she's here!!” Calum dragged us over to where a girl who was very obviously related to Ashton sat, drinking a can of coke.

“Lauren, this is Meg!”

“Hey!” I gave her a small hug and sat down beside her. “Mind if I hang with you? This isn't really..my scene..” She nodded and Michael stalked off with Calum and Luke somewhere down the hall. “So, have you seen your brother?”

“Yeah, he went upstairs with some red haired chick. Not surprised. Though he did tell Calum to watch me and well..” She laughed.

“I'm here now, nothing will happen to you under my watch.” I pretended to salute and she laughed again. “I know Ash would kill me, but do you want a cranberry and vodka? I hate beer. I only grabbed this to look cool.” I admitted and placed the beer on the table.

“That'd be great.” She smiled and followed me into the kitchen. I grabbed the vodka off the top shelf and the cranberry that was still there from the last time I was here from the fridge and mixed drinks for us. We both hopped up on the counter and started talking. She told me about how close her and Ashton were and how overprotective he could be sometimes. She also told me some embarrassing stories about him while we made our 3rd drink. By this time I was definitely a little drunk and so was she. I knew Ashton would kill me since I got his little sister drunk, but I wasn't going to let anything happen to her, I even linked arms with her when we went to the bathroom together. I banged on the door and of course someone was in there. I banged even harder.

“I have to pee!!!!” Lauren screamed and banged again. Michael came out, zipping up the zipper on his pants and smiling when he saw me.

“Hey babe.”

“Hiii mikeyyy, we need to pee.” I smiled and pushed past him. Lauren went pee and I fixed my makeup.

“So you and Michael then?” She asked.

“Yea..I like him a lot..” I admitted.

“He looks like he loves you.” She said and I sucked in a breath.