i

"
"Madeleine! Allons-y! Mum and dad are waiting!", my older Timothée brother yelled before joining my parents and my younger sister at the bottom of the stairs. "Oui je sais! I'll be there in a minute!", I yelled back.

   "Just promise you'll write this summer Mad and send me cookies as soon as you bake them pleaseee", Amelie said before wrapping me into a hug a kissing me in both cheeks. "I'll write Am and yes I'll send you the cookies. Au revoir!", I said before pulling away and walking towards my family. Mum, dad, Tim, Clotilde and Tim's best friend Nathan were waiting for me to say goodbye to my best friend Amelie.

Even though I absolutely love Palais Beauxbatons, I was thrilled to see my parents after six months apart. I sprinted towards my dad's open arms and jumped as he caught me in the air, embracing me into a tight hug. "I missed you", I said before pulling away. "I missed you too ma petite étoile" dad said placing a kiss on the top of my head. I walked over to my mum and she hugged me before talking to the rest of the group. "So we'll be apparating back to the house, Tim and Nate you'll be on your own since you're of age. Clo with me and Mad with Philippe. All clear?" she said before the rest of us nodded.

We lived in the countryside of the outskirts of Paris in a beautiful two story house that both of my parents designed after they got married. They met in the French Ministry of Magic just after mum had moved from England, and dad described it as love at first sight. Mum had moved away from London when she was 18 after being vanished from the family, just like her sister Andromeda when she was her age.

Mum's side of the family was known for being completely blood elitist, but after all she came from the most ancient and most noble House of Black, toujours pur. She was the youngest daughter of Cygnus and Druella Black, and youngest sister of Bellatrix, Andromeda and Narcissa. Like the rest of the family except our cousin Sirius, she was sorted into Slytherin and was raised to believe in pure blood supremacy but while in school she realized that the family's beliefs were absolute bullshit. After a heated argument with Cygnus, Druella and Bellatrix about blood status, she was burnt off the family tree and forced to leave the house for good. Mum headed to Andromeda's cottage where she lived with her one year old daughter Nymphadora and her husband Ted. She stayed there a few months before deciding to leave the country with money she took from the Black family vault at Gringotts.

Dad's side of the family on the other hand is way simpler to explain than mum's. Papi was a pureblood wizard and came from a very well known and wealthy family in the French wizard community and Mamie was a veela. My dad Philippe was their only child and they lived in a petit château in Montpellier, a city in southern France.

When mum was 20 and dad was 22, they got married and that same year they had my brother Timothee. A year later I was born and two years later, my sister Clotilde was welcomed into the family. We lived a pretty happy life, dad was a well known auror and mum was in charge of the Department of International Magical Cooperation for the French Ministry. My brother, my sister and I attended Beauxbatons Academy of Magic where we lived for the majority of the year.

When dad and I got home, everyone was doing their own thing. Clotilde was in her room, mum was working on her new painting, Tim and Nate were off smoking god knows what and that left me and dad. My dad and I always shared a special bond ever since I could remember. Clo and Tim were always a tad closer to mum but to me my dad was my everything. Ever since I was a little girl my dad was my hero, and the thing that we loved doing the most was cooking and baking together the muggle way.

I took my trunk into my room before heading downstairs to start dinner with dad. "What do you wanna listen to étoile?" Dad said browsing through our collection of muggle records. "Mmm what about the 70s mix?" I said putting my apron on. "I raised you well then Mads" he said. We cooked while we listened to music just like we had done hundreds of times before. It took us a while but we were finally done, but I wouldn't trade spending time like this with dad for anything. We served dinner outside since the weather during the summer is always nice. Mum and Clo set the table, dad poured the wine while I plated and brought the food outside.