xcviii

Ever since that date night a couple of weeks ago, things had returned back to normal between Fred and Madeleine. The redhead took the job of setting the small book on fire and after doing so, he couldn't keep at bay the large grin that plastered on his face. Deep inside Maddie could only hope that their kids wouldn't inherit Fred's arsonist tendencies, that even deeper inside she knew would most likely pass down onto them. They returned back to their normal lifestyle, going out alone and with their friends for drinks, ditching the extremist diets that the book recommended, and simply taking things at their own pace which truly returned all of the joy and normality back into their relationship.

Besides George, Lee and Cressida, no one else knew that Fred and Maddie were trying for a baby and they very much preferred to keep that certain aspect of their lives private. Exactly four weeks had passed since the heated night after deciding to get rid of the book and without fully realizing, Madeleine was feeling more and more tired every day along with the urge to pee almost every thirty minutes and intermittent waves of nausea throughout the day. Thursday night, Maddie was lying on the couch with a book in hand as Fred rested between her legs, head on her stomach, hands squeezing and playing with her thighs while his gaze was fixated on the telly in which Teddy's favorite Disney movie was playing.

"Why do I get the feeling that my thighs have gotten a bit bigger?" she frowned after she looked down, noticing that the sleep shorts she was wearing didn't feel as loose as they did the week before.

"Haven't noticed really," Fred shrugged and continued playing with her thighs, "it's not like I'd care because I love them but I'm still undecided-"

"What is that supposed to mean?" she furrowed her brows.

"I'm undecided on which is the best pillow between your thighs, boobs and butt," he grinned cheekily.

"You're such an idiot sometimes," she rolled her eyes playfully and quickly glanced at her watch. "Teddy, lovey, it's time for bed."

"No," he pouted. "No bed."

"It's bedtime and you know the rules," she said softly.

"NO!"

"I'm sorry baby but rules are rules," Maddie sighed. "A little help here Freddie, I really don't have the energy to deal with a tantrum right now."

"Not to worry love, I can handle him," Fred gave her thigh a reassuring squeeze and stood up to pick a whining Teddy up. "Let's make a deal Teddy Bear, if you go to bed now you can come with me to the shop tomorrow and I'll read you an extra story tonight."

"But I want telly," he cried.

"And you can watch telly tomorrow but it's time for bed now," Fred threw him over his shoulder and carried the crying toddler to his room to put him down to bed.

"I just had the strangest dream ever," Maddie blurted the moment she opened her eyes the next day.

"What was it?" Fred asked in his deep and raspy morning voice, moving closer to wrap his arms around her waist.

"I was riding a unicorn in the middle of the arena they had built for the first task of the Triwizard Tournament and out of nowhere, this bloody unicorn goes into fucking labor and I had to deliver two unicorn babies," she laughed.

"You should share whatever weed you're smoking," Fred teased.

"I haven't gotten high in so long," she shook her head.

"I got high three days ago with George and Lee," he gloated.

"Yes, I noticed that all the cookies I brought home were gone the following morning along with my favorite crisps," she lowered her brow at him as he lifted his palms in defeat in the exact same moment that a giggling Teddy came running into their room to jump on their bed, babbling about how excited he was to go to work with Fred.