xl

Madeleine walked to the great hall for breakfast Monday morning dragging her feet and dark circles under her eyes. She sat down where all of her friends sat and when Fred tried to kiss her cheek she moved her head away so that he wouldn't.

"How is your hand feeling love?" he asked her dumbfounded to why she had moved her face away.

"Fine" she grumbled and poured herself a cup of coffee.

"Why are you so moody? Is it that time of the month again?" He joked not expecting what would happen next. Maddie sighed loudly anger building inside of her as she clenched her fist, nails digging half moon shaped cuts into her palm. And then she punched him on the arm. Hard.

"Fucking hell Madeleine, what was that for?", Fred groaned and rubbed his arm in pain.

"For being a misogynist piece of shit" she hissed and left the great hall without looking back.

"You better go and apologize Fred that was a dick move", Alicia looked at him annoyedly.

"Yeah, fun fact about Maddie she gets really painful cramps and the only thing that helps is a potion that only her grandmother can make", Lizzie chimed in.

"And she ran out without realizing so you better go get her sweets and apologize dick" Ali rolled her eyes and kept eating her breakfast.

"Fine, fine I'm sorry. I didn't know, periods are not exactly a chatter topic that we've all discussed as a group", he apologized and walked towards the exit of the great hall to find Madeleine when a banging sound outside caught his attention.

He walked out of the great hall to where the sound came from followed by many others and he spotted Madeleine. He stood next to her and she pointed with her head at what Filch was hammering to the wall next to the plaque with the Educational Degree that named Umbridge as High Inquisitor.

All student organizations, societies, teams, groups and clubs are henceforth disbanded.
An organization, society, team, group or club is hereby defined as a regular meeting of three or more students.
Permission to re-form may be sought from the High Inquisitor (Professor Umbridge).
No student organization, society, team, group, or club may exist without the knowledge and approval of the High Inquisitor.
Any student found to have formed, or to belong to, an organization, society, team, group or club that has not been approved by the High Inquisitor will be expelled.
The above is in accordance with Educational Degree Number Twenty-four.

"D'you reckon she knows?" Fred said as they walked back to Gryffindor tower accompanied by their friends, the golden trio, Ginny, Clotilde, Dean and Neville.

"I don't think so" Hermione answered.

"How would you know?" Ron asked impatietnly.

"Because I jinxed the parchment so if someone opened their mouth, we would know who it was" she shrugged and looked at Maddie who smiled proudly at her.

"What are we gonna do then?" Lee said quietly.

"We're going to do it anyway, of course" Harry said.

"Knew you'd say that" George beamed and patted Harry's shoulder.

"The prefects as well?" Fred said quizically looking at Ron and Hermione.

"Of course" said Hermione.

Madeleine, Lizzie, the twins, Alicia and Lee all walked to their first class of the day and once it was over the rest parted to Care of Magical Creatures while Maddie went to Alchemy. Contrary to popular belief, alchemy was one of the subjects she found most fascinating and the fact that the class was pretty exclusive with only seven more students made it even better. Since she wasn't feeling hungry, Maddie skipped lunch and began her homework in the library when Fred joined her.