Chapter 5

Chapter 5

"In a perfect world, when he's with her, he would be wishing he was with me; when he looked at her, he would be looking at me; when he smiled at her, his smile would be for me; when he thought about someone, he would be thinking about me. In a perfect world, he would realise that she wasn't the one he was supposed to be with and I would still be standing here waiting for him still when he finally knows this. But this isn't a perfect world and people do get hurt, you smile when you feel like crying, you act like you're okay when you're falling apart inside and you let it go. You move on, because there's nothing else you can do" Quote

Dinner!

What do families wear to Saturday night dinners?

Standing outside my wardrobe looking at all my clothes I had no idea what to wear. For someone who was in as much debt as I am, I have a lot of clothes, they weren't designer or even that expensive. I just have a shopping habit.

Come on, I'm Christian Howard's assistant and he pays me a good wage but not a lot when living in London but I have to say I have a Topshop weakness! And H&M, Zara, River Island, well everywhere.

So what was it to be? Casual? Smart? Casually smart?

Oh, who cares? I thought, I'll be sitting opposite Jess anyway so whatever I wear I'll feel like a fat pig. I wasn't as big as I used to be when I was younger but with Jess' supermodel body my size twelve bum felt like ten times bigger.

I had short stubby legs, big hips and curves. When Jess had long thin legs, the tightest toned bum I'd ever seen, with long dark hair. Bitch.

My hair was just over the shoulder and was a light reddish copper colour. Not Ginger! I liked to tell myself.

How about skinny pale jeans, brown wedges with a cotton baggy top with a brown cardigan and a belt?

Too casual!

How about my one shoulder cocktail dress with gold jewellery and my heels?

Too smart!

God, at this point I'm already with my hair curled and make-up done but I was just standing there in my shorts and tank top. I always over think everything! Just pick an outfit Leah I screamed at myself.

Why do I care so much what I wear?

"Bee Bee!" The doorbell went off. Running up to see who it was I opened the door.

I couldn't believe who was at the other side...

"What are you doing here?" I said looking straight into Christian's beautiful face.

He looked... so good. I couldn't help eyeing up his outfit choice. He was wearing black smart jeans, a white shirt and a cream raincoat.

Guys had it so easy, especially when they looked like Chris did. He could put a black sack on and look good and no one would say anything bad about it.

He looked at me and then looked me up and down. I felt... every emotion imaginable I just couldn't think which one I felt more... I was getting really hot.

How could I not feel anything when he was looking at me like that?

I felt naked with his stare which made me blush. I looked down to realise that I might as well be naked wearing these shorts in front of him.

"Hmmm... you're not ready" he said looking back to my face.

"Not ready for what?" I asked confused.

"I'm driving you to your parents for dinner. Didn't Jessica tell you" he asked

"No...No she didn't. So you're coming to dinner tonight?" i asked shocked. Great! Just what I needed!